Tools for making maps (BW1)

Akkan

i have downloaded some of the map editor but it seems hard to use it and not convenient......... what do u all use for editing map?any good and convenient ones?

You're right, it isn't friendly. But that's all we've got to work with. :yes

For most basic map editing/creation I like to use BWExpressMapEditor. But since it does have some flaws I perfer to copy and paste, than let it add the code. It also has the mapping script built in for a guide. For object placement I perfer to use BWSurveyor to get the co-ordinates since it's more accurate. And for laying out towns, BWTownCreator. (Note: there is a problem with one of the first lines it writes).

I like Worldmod with its semi WISIWIG but both have problems.

Kays said:
You're right, it isn't friendly. But that's all we've got to work with. :yes

For object placement I perfer to use BWSurveyor to get the co-ordinates since it's more accurate. And for laying out towns, BWTownCreator. (Note: there is a problem with one of the first lines it writes).

about the bw surveyor........... when i started it it doesnt even show coordinate.................. how am i supposed to use it??

When I open a .lnd file the coordinates show for me automatically.

Also if you right click you get the option to save the coordinates to the clipboard.

in BW town creator i also saw a "copy to clipboard" thing............... but wheres the clip board?? and can i set it to wherever i want??

The clipboard is internal memory the OS uses to temporarily store files, text, images etc when you right click and choose "Copy". It only hold one item in memory at a time but there are mods to extend that number. What's in memory is recalled by "Pasting" the item into where you want it to go.

Back