Resource icon

Tiger Unlocker 1.0.0

This is retarded. A crappy batch file and the Unlock.dat you get by running the regular unlocker. The batch file doesn't even work if you don't use an Englisch version of Windows XP or Vista (it looks for the Program Files folder, which you may not have). Whoever made this should be ashamed of himself for producing such a stupid tool.

it does work for some people... i just dont know why it doesnt work for me....
and this is a great unlocker... if only i could get it to work for me... lol

This is retarded. A crappy batch file and the Unlock.dat you get by running the regular unlocker. The batch file doesn't even work if you don't use an Englisch version of Windows XP or Vista (it looks for the Program Files folder, which you may not have). Whoever made this should be ashamed of himself for producing such a stupid tool.

I think you should shut up. Someone without the technical knowledge to place a file in a directory shouldn't insult someone's creation. The batch file is only "crappy" if you can't figure out to change your permissions, but then again you don't come across as the most intelligent person. Also, i wouldn't release this if Vista users could access the unlock.dat file now would i? That's kind of its purpose?

I'm glad people like you stay as guests. The tool's "stupidity" is dependant on the person using it.

PS: I'm not referring to you DPSoul, im speaking to the other... person  :suspect
I'll have to take a look at it, i was sure this was a sure-fire way of getting the tiger. I'll keep you posted  :)

I followed it to the letter and I'm sorry to say it did not work for me. Maybe its because I have Vista SP1?

I hope it works for everyone else.

The Unlock.dat file is not the problem with Vista 64 and perhapse 32 as well.
So far over the  18m or so that I have had Vista I have tried on 2 seperate PC's the following with the file
Pre SP1
Used the English Unlocker from my own "Collectors Edition" DVD
Used the down loaded German  version.
Manually moved the file from an old PC.
After SP1 all the above plus.
Skelapes installer both versions.
Nothing worked for me  :(
On the plus side the Tiger Save in the DL section works fine and in reality all you miss is the actual choosing of the creature and a few videos that we have all seen before. :)

Seems to work for me, i have tested it. I can't see any obvious problem but it seems as if there is one. Kays, could you please remove this? It seems to be causing alot of un-necessary problems. The only thing the original tiger unlocker does is place an Unlock.dat file in the appropriate area, so this should act as a manual unlocker. Guess not.

Grem i'd appreciate it if you wouldn't "steer" people away from my files just because one may not work properly, and say that yours is superior and people should get that. I recall you did the same thing on my other unlocker. This has as many downloads in a month that took yours a year  :suspect I'm not trying to be unkind, but it just irritates me when people do that, and i've got alot of it over one meagre file.

Hmmm im using the shortcut you provided and placed the unlock file in that folder.

Am i supposed to go farther in the folder? or just where your shortcut takes me?

And  :sorry for causing all this trouble

Nope, don't go farther than that folder, just place it in and it will (hopefully) work. Can you tell me the result please when you are finished and have tried it?

im on it
[br][br]Added: [time]1241131603[/time]well im on creature select.... and iv been on it for about 5 secs...

(i have all patches for game)[br][br]Added: [time]1241131806[/time]No tiger still           :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :sorry :sorry
lol dont ask to get rid of this file it still works for most people
[br][br]Added: [time]1241132129[/time]This is probably a stupid idea but ill put the dat file in btiger folder

SkelApe .. Sorry if you fell that I am  steering people away from your files.
This is not the case I just relate my experience  and offer another way round the problem for those  who are having problems with your solution.
Would you rather me be silent and let others  miss out because your files don't work for some?
I never said my file was superior in any way all I said is.... "re-read it"... that you miss out on  some things but it will work.
About  DL's I am not remotely  interested in  what you get for your file/s .
If you want a race  then call me when one of yours  gets  close to 1.5 million english language  and over 2.5 million  all languages for my best!!

In MY opinion i think Skelape is the best modder and skinner on this site. :D
Kays is really good to. 

Nobody take offence to this, everybody else is really good to :)

Thanks alot DPsoul, it makes me pleased to know that people like my mods and skins.  :)  :)

Grem the all-night map was no feat, you merely got there first. It was a simple matter of changing a few digits that were written in a mappers guide anyway (day/night time). I don't mean to offend anyone, but if i recall you were the first to comment in this manner on this unlocker and also on my other one. I would like to end this arguement now, if that is ok. We may have had our differences in opinion over the years, but we must put all these disputes behind us  :)

I think you're the best at skins n' mods. Heh I'm keeping with the Egyptians as I love that mod.

Keep up the good work!

:) :blush  :) I'm really glad people like my stuff, especially to that extent! Beats the original Egypt Project eh?
I'm making no promises, but the Hun mod SHOULD be finished today. If not, then tomorrow.

SkelApe  There is nothing to argue about all that we both want is for people to be able to use the tiger as a creature.
Your Unlocker just dosn't work for many people so instead of them having to go without  I suggested an alternative to get over the problem that's all.
If you get it or any of the other variants  to work with Vista or Windows7 I will be one of the first to use it as it would be much better to have unlocked Tiger rather than the save file.
As for my growth map .... It is not mine alone and not the first or only night time map arround.
The thing that made the map so sucessful was that it is a growth system using all the elements known Night ,Time expasion , Sleep etc.
Mappers work used in the  EG map include  Kilroy Luna Kays and myself.
Guide Authors Element and myself  with ideas from others unknown as the originators.
It was not just alter a couple of digits but you would have known that if you had checked first.
About me I don't Map, Mod, Skin  etc.. for fun (usually) but to fix problems or needs for myself and other players.
To All.

Now it would be really useful if someone  using the unlock.dat file by what ever means to unlock the tiger and how they did it on their PC with some details.
It is Known to work with All Windows versions up to and including XP32.
Any info on the following could be useful in getting the Tiger unlocked.
XP 64
Vista 32
Vista 64 (not working for me)
Windows 7 32
Windows 7 64 (not working for me)

The downloads are still coming in smoothly, are people still having problems?

Heres how to get it to work on vista. Found it on the official forums.

Hello from Germany.

Don't know if anybody is still interested in how to use the unlocker in vista, anyway...

Had to find out to unlock the Tiger for my son on his pc.

So the unlocker checks in the registry if there is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion]
"ProductId"=""

...which doesn't exists in vista.

So just create an empty txt-file and copy in:

---start below here---

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion]
"ProductId"=""

---end---

Save and rename to "Name.reg" and run it.

You're now able to run the unlocker and it will work.

(In fact, the unlocker only creates a file "Unlock.dat" in your installdir)

For those who want it, I uploaded the .reg-file as shown above here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/98317864/TigerUnlockerVista.reg.html

Regards, Diplo.

Thank you in advance Alitrax  / Diplo
I sort of knew/thought it was a key in the registry but never got round to looking properly at Vista and NON-Vista machines  as  the save worked well enough for me, as I have seen the selection screen enough times on older PC's to not be bothered.
I shall try it some time soon  but the HD with Vista and B&W2 install is currently on the shelf  as I have W7 on the PC ATM on a spare HD.

Back