Resource icon

Tiger Unlocker 1.0.0

Hmmm tried the .reg thing...
Ps. map editor says that you can make a city of a race not in the game. It begins with I, Oh and can anyone find a way to add the miricle enchancer to the tribute menu? Preferable timed like the wonder to only be buyable on the 1st japanese land, you know, to go with the story line and stuff.

@ Mcbean

I've moved your post to our Guest board. Since you can reply there and it's off topic here.

Or better yet register. :)

http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=4956.msg43815#new

i did everything it told me to do and it wont work! plz help i have both the patches btw and vista

Neither the registry fix or the unlock.dat file does not work for me

I just downloaded, extracted, and copied the file into your link...now lets see if it works. btw does this work if i download the v1.2 and v1.1 patches?

doesn't work...not at all...i copied the Unlock.dat file into the folder in your ReadMe and when i started up the game there was no tiger...

Read the other comments, there's a registry key you have to add in order for it to work. You need both the registry key and the .dat to unlock the tiger.

I tried both the .dat file and the download as suggested, and neither worked for me either... I am running Windows 7 home premium.

I just tried unlocking it too, also adding the registry.

The unlocker.exe did tell me it was unlocked now.. but no tiger  ???

pPerhaps we'll need to wait untill mod-savy people get windows 7 too! :

The  save game will work as above  and /or can  be merged into W7 saves.
Like the rest I would like Skelapes file to work  for all but for those it doesn't at the moment ( or for the past years)  then wait or use  other methods.

Old comments are broken, what is the registry entry I need to modify?

The  registry entry and the  Tiger unlocker are only for  32 bit systems.
This is  why it has a mixed response I think Skelape is using an elderly 32bit  system.
The  people  having  problems are using 64 bits.
The unused tiger save I posted is good for both 32 & 64 bits. You  don't get the  choose animation as in the original but  you get to have the Tiger.

Ok, I've been using your save game without fail but was (still am) curious about what the registry entry actually is.

I don't think there is one for 64 bit systems. The unlocker  is  32bit only  and  a null entry + 32bit just don't  work.
Maybe it could be cracked but the effort required would be  just too much for this old rarely installed  game.

Wait, is this TO unlock the tiger or do you need collecters edition or is this to work for Vista?

No the unlocker or any of the workrounds only work on  old  32bit systems.
64 bit has been the normal on new systems for  years now.
I have the  collectors edition and 64 bit nothing works exept the  save game I did  to get the tiger on my new PC years ago now.
It was the only way to get it  on  64 bit Vitsa PC. Nothing  else worked I tried them all first.
Just lucky that both old and new PC's were working so I could make an unused save to transfer.

I know I'm bumping an ancient download thread, but:  This has been solved and the info posted elsewhere, but I don't see it posted anywhere on Kayssplace. So, note that I don't have credit for figuring this out, "the internet" has credit.

The problem with this and other unlockers is that the game looks for registry information in Windows that no longer exists in Vista beyond. The Unlock.dat file created is basically a key/hash generated from the computer's productID found in HKLM\Software\microsoft\Windows\Currentversion. If this key doesn't exist, the official locker executable will not work, *nor* will the game be able to operate the key when starting up (this unlocker won't work).

To Solve:

As a disclaimer, realize that if you make mistakes while using the Windows resgitry editor, it is possible to damage the operation of the computer. You assume risk, don't make mistakes.

1) Close game

2) Ensure that both patches 1.1 and 1.2 are installed for the game. Realize that installing these patches will invalidate any saved games created with an unpatched version of the game.

3) Open the registry editor. This can be done by using Start -> Run and running the program "regedit" or by typing "regedit" into the search box in Windows 7+. Note that in some versions of vista and in Windows 7, you will need administrator access to edit these particular registry locations. To open the registry editor with administrator access, type "cmd" in the earch box instead, hold CTRL+SHIFT together, and while holding these down, press enter. This will open an administrative command window. Now type "regedit" and press enter at the prompt in the black window.

4) Once the registry editor is open, go to these locations. Use the folder tree on the left to find folder locations.
  • 32-bit Windows
    Go to this location. Once you get here, make sure the 'currentversion' folder is highlighted on the left side (click once on it):
    [ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion ]
  • 64-bit Windows
    Go to this location. Once you get here, make sure the 'currentversion' folder is highlighted on the left side (click once on it):
    [ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion ]

5) In the right pane of the registry editor, look for an entry called "ProductID". If it exists, look in the data column further to the right of the name. Note if the entry has a value or if its value is blank. If it has a value, usually it will be something like "12345-123-1234567-12345".
  • If it exists and has a value
    This unlocker downloaded here assumes the value (under the data column) is blank. If it has a value, this unlocker will not work. In Vista and Windows 7, this entry generally should not exist all. If you have Vista or Windows 7 and it exists and has a value, you can probably make the value blank without harming anything. Just in case, copy down the value first. If other programs on your computer stop working, put back the value.
      The other option besides blanking out the value is to use the *actual* unlocker program from Lionhead. This can be found in a few places on the internet searching for 'black and white tiger unlocker', but realize that you will be downloading a program.. make sure you trust the source of the download. Using the unlocker program will create the appropriate key for your computer rather than the assumed key in this unlocker.
      If you're using Windows XP or earlier with this case, you may need to download the actual unlocker program. I don't know if this unlocker here will work for you.
  • If it exists and has no value
    You're good to go. Go to the next step.
  • If it does not exist
    Right click in the a blank area of the right pane. Select New->String Value. Create the new value and name it "ProductId". Note that case may matter. Leave the value blank.

6) Download and install this unlocker using its instructions.

Should now work.

- ego533

Back