Resource icon

Tibetan Mod 1.0.0

SkelApe

Elder
SkelApe submitted a new resource:

Tibetan Mod - This mod replaces the Greek race with the Tibetans; a vibrant and peaceable culture familiar to many

|| TIBETAN MOD ||

This mod replaces the Greek race with the Tibetans; a vibrant and peaceable
culture familiar to many from the original Black & White. With their vivid and
impressive architecture, as well as their remarkable stubbornness in the face of
opposition, the Tibetans are a formidable race to contend with.

|| FEATURES ||

- A wide range of carefully designed, authentic-looking Tibetan buildings

- A set of new ferocious Tibetan archers and warriors complete...

Read more about this resource...

I'm glad you two like it :) AppleApe, you were the main reason i went off the Byzantine Mod and made this, so thank you. I think it paid off. After i fix a map I released a while back, i'll get working on a Tibetan map. Feel free to look at all the pictures of the mod in my gallery; http://www.bwfiles.com/gallery2/thumbnails.php?album=210 I'm not sure why, but i've got some of anglosaxon's pictures in there :p

SkelApe

Looks awesome. I'll definitely use it next time I play Black & White 2.

Thanks for the comments guys, makes it all seem worthwhile :)

When I click the link it says (once I get to the page) that I need an album password. :upside

I tried this mod - and whilst it is a wonderful idea, and could look really nice, I find it a bit... not nice.

The textures switch to harshly between crisp / clean textures, without grain or 'dirt', to textures with so much detail, that it causes alot of aliasing.

I shall try to make some textures like this too, and allow you to add them to your mod - Perhaps for the alignments? :D

Okies, the album's password is tibet. I wish there wasn't one, but that's what it is :)  Firstly Sylcai, are you running it on maximum graphics settings? If not, textures can render a bit grainy. Bear in mind i made all the base textures (which i used in the BW2 texture files) myself, and i'm a bit of an amateur, so they aren't gonna be perfect. Ofcourse you are welcome to have a go at making some textures yourself.

Well, perhaps that's the thing that makes me dislike them, or.. like them less - they don't seem to fit in with the rest of BW2.

Still though, a very nice looking mod - I've seen worse, by alot!
And - I am still using it too - so! ^^

Two things that could use improving:
Grainery (?), when I place the grainery down and build, it does not turn.  :suspect
Walls, I think it could look better if the fortified walls looked different than the basic walls.  :upside

Ahh I've tried endless things to get the granary to turn, and played about with all the animations. It doesn't even work in any Japanese mod. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know :)

And secondly, there is only one Japanese wall model, and so one model available for reskinning. Since the walls would look odd with any other model, you're stuck with samey walls I'm afraid!

The same thing happens when you build a Greek Grainery in a Japanese city, it's weird.
What about coloring each wall differently?

It means it doesn't rotate or turn. It is not in motion at all.  :)

Look in [ /Data/Art/binary_anim_libs ]. These files seem to hold the animation data for some objects, including the granaries. Playing around, I noticed that all files in this directory are read in and their contents placed into memory, regardless of filenames. Within each file, particular animations are declared and given names. The trick is, these animations are attached to the specific buildings in some place not discovered yet... The animations are not referenced (by name) in the .bwm files. They may possibly be referenced by an index number in the relevant files, in which case the method of assigning the index number would have to be determined.

Do this and see if it works:
Make sure the game is closed. Open the file [ building_japanesegranary.al ] in a hex editor. Look for the string "a_japanesegranary_sailsrotate". Replace this string with "a_greekgranary_windmillrotate". I think you'll have to do this twice. It's lucky that the strings are the same length, too... Save the changes and cloes the file. You'll now have to entirely remove the file [ building_greekgranary.al ] since it will be declaring animations with the same name.

If this works, add it to the mod, I guess.

-ego533

This does indeed work. I've attached the already modified .al file below with the changes as described above. You do *not* need to change the filename since the filename doesn't matter. Remember, however, that the actual greekgranay.al file must be moved or it will try to declare animations with the same names. You can just move it into a ./backup folder that you create or something like that.

Do change the extenstion from .txt to .al , though. Had to change this to upload.

-ego533

Back