three questions....

anglosaxon

Elder
three questions.

• what on earth is a tech level? ive seen them on the scripts and map editors, as in "reach a certain tech level and the enemy will attack".
  • i saw kays on lionhead forums a while back, talking to somebody about a balance file editor that would make editing balance files alot easier. any news?
  • finally, how can you make a group of soldiers march in a closer formation? is it possible to do, on script or on balance file?

thanks in advance. :p

1) The tech level when you are talking about walls (either 0 or 1) is whether it is fortified or not. The tech level of a town however is (i think) whether it is a village, town, city or metropolis.

2) Not sure about the balance file editor, how long ago was this? Was it going to be made by a modder or a member of the LH team?

3) I don't think balance files can edit the formation of platoons. However in the script, a platoon's formation can be 1 of 5 things:
Code:
FORMATION_TYPE_GRID
    FORMATION_TYPE_OFFSET_GRID
    FORMATION_TYPE_RABBLE
    FORMATION_TYPE_CIRCLE
    FORMATION_TYPE_UNTIDY_GRID

As your town is growing it advances through three stages (kinda forget what they are right now). These are the three tech levels. I've used the change in tech levels in several maps to trigger 00dins army AI script.

On #2, I never got a reply to that post. It did sound like an interesting tool.

Village
City
Metropolis

I think, but don't trust me. - However, the 'tech' is about your city size, and how much people it can hold.

It goes by 500 up

Back