Think there will ever be a Black and white 3?

ConstantineXI

This game is probably my favorite city building game, the Theme is great, the time period is great, the city building is great and the ability to change and diversify your population is great.
But this is all brought down by the infamous lag that stops your population at about 1000 people.

So, do you think we will ever see a third installment that would fix this frustrating game ruining lag?  :fixed

The last B&W was released in 2004... Already 11 years ago ! Although the guy who developed the game, Peter Molyneux, works on a new god game called "Godus", you can already buy it on steam. I tried it and it was... Meh... That game is kind of a deception... Plus, it seems like he's not even developing Godus anymore ! I highly doubt there will be another B&W at this point.

EA owns the rights to the brand, although the last remake of an old game they did (Dungeon Keeper, another game by Peter Molyneux) turned into a mobile free to play piece of trash, so - even if it did get a sequel.. I wouldn't be too optimistic. :(

No not from a big name but maybe some independant make would continue the theme.
We have had FROM DUST and GODUS offered as sort of replacements  but for me  Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages of Rome were better builder games.

Thanks for the replies.
Such a shame we will most likely not see a sequel.
Damn the game killing population lag! :( :(

Yeah I would love to see another Black & White. I would prefer the gameplay of Black & White 1 and the graphics more updated like Black & White 2 has done.
Godus really got me hyped up but I've played it a few hours and got huge disappointed. Peter Molyneux is a person who the gaming industry needs. But with Godus he made a aweful mistake: focusing on the mobile platform instead of pc. I'm glad I only paid €5 when it was on sell... because that's what the current version of Godus is worth: €5. Calling Godus a god game like B&W puts the genre to a shame.
I'm still hoping that one day there will be another great god game like B&W, till then I'll keep playing B&W 1 and 2.

Blinkin said:
I'm glad I only paid €5 when it was on sell... because that's what the current version of Godus is worth: €5.
I'm glad I grabbed it when it was on sale, too. I'd be kind of pissed if I paid full price for what I got. My desire for a new god game trumped the facts that Godus didn't look very good and that everyone said it wasn't worth it.

Yeah I had a similar reason to buy the game. A friend even warned me that Peter Molyneux is making very bad promises lately and that I should buy it... but I'm glad I tried it though, it's only €5.
I wonder if the backers from Kickstarter are going to try to get their money back. I heard that a lot of the promises they made aren't feasible to make atm for 22cans. So technically they broke some of Kickstarters rules...

Yeah, especially with key developers leaving and the team splitting to have some people work on a new game, Godus' future looks pretty bleak. [source]

I can understand why people are angry, if they backed a game and the game that they supported never came to be.

0% P Mx has left the with the money he could grab, and gone on  to  rip/godus others off.

I have played around with the idea of taking on the challenge of remaking black & white 1 for some time; it is well within my programming capability, and using classes from a rewrite I did of a similar RTS god game I could cut the programming time down considerably.. The limiting factor would be finding someone to make all the assets, because I don't fancy the idea of being a 1 man development studio (again).

Talking about a B&W remake how about blending 2 older games. PM me.

I would love to get a Black & White 3 it sucks that Lionhead closed down. :\We should get a fundraiser started for a new one. o:

Back