the weather!

richi2007

its not the best but if you wanna now bout the weather have a read and try the example then play about with it to get ust to the script

When makeing a map with weather you need to insert 3 things for it to work::

CREATE_WEATHER_CLIMATE(weatherZone, Style, "x, y", xwidth, yWidth)
CREATE_WEATHER_CLIMATE_RAIN(Zone, ChanceOfSpawning,?,?,no Funtion)
CREATE_WEATHER_CLIMATE_TEMP(Zone, Temp A, Temp B)

The "weatherZone" is like a number you give to that set of weather all the Zones for above would be the same number because they all work together. its like the number you set to towns to keep them seprate.

In the first line  "Style" is how the cloud would behave and there are five diffrent numbers for this:

1; No clouds form
2; Cloud that Dissapears after a short time
3; Cloud that sit there and rains/snows
4; Cloud sits there but rain seems slower
5; Cloud that moves then dissapears

I dont think i have to explain the "x, y" but the "xwidth, ywidth" is the cloud size, now im not so shure on how big or small it has to be but my usal size is from "100000" to "150000" but it can probly get smaller then that. To keep things simple use the same number for the "X" and "Y" Width i havnt used diffrent size's for this but if this is your first go at it, it's best to keep things simple till you get the hang of it.

The "ChanceOfSpawning" is wether the cloud is there all the time or now and again. "1.0" seems to keep the cloud there all the time if you have the style set to 3, but if its not the the cloud will go but comes back before it dissapates fully, and seems as if it never went.
you should start using "1.0" just to make shure the weather is actully working then you can go back and change it.

1.0 -     cloud is always there
0.9 - 0.1- it will dissapate and come back after a certain amout                   of time, the smaller the number the longer it will tack.

you can leave the "?,?,no fuction"  and just put "0,0,0"

The climate temp affects what happens when the clouds come like rain or snow here are some numbers. you can go in between.

-20;freezing, snow from clouds and clear sky(no shadows)
 8;also snows
12;clear sky and rain
23;heavy rain, thunder and fog
40;heavy rain, big storm, thunder and lighting

There is a line for creating wind but i do not yet understand this.

I hope this has helped you understand a bit about the weather and here is a example you can copy and past into your script to mess about with to help you understand a bit more. You should also look at the Black& White Mapping List for this is how i came to understand the weather, it also explains the wind.

CREATE_WEATHER_CLIMATE(1,5,"insert your x,y",150000,150000)
CREATE_WEATHER_CLIMATE_RAIN(1,0.6,0,0,0)
CREATE_WEATHER_CLIMATE_TEMP(1,-20,-12)

and rember when you add your x,y co-ords to make shure you have     ""  and not   """"or you will be thinking why it didnt work for a while.</font>

Thanks for that.

There's also some dicussion about weather on the second and third pages of this thread..

I'm wondering if it's not time to get this info together and to add it to the Articles Pages (or FAQs).
We seem to be on a roll getting this mapping info together. :)

cool cool
i sent a txt file of this to the site earlyer but the example at the endis diffrent to this one because it will just snow in 1 spot on that one this one will have the cloud moving off and dissapating plus a bit of rain

I'm just going to go through the uploads now.

It's been a while since I've played around with the weather. It is picky, but if you know how to alter it then you have very active weather on a map. I once did a map using Land 3 which had some nasty thunderstorms in a part of it.

land three is the map i used to add weather too, FotD helped me out he told me were to find the map list i understod fro that but i wanted to change the weather soo much in the past its the best thing iv done to a map so i wanted to tell people how easy it is plus i dont rember half the time what the right numbers are for what behavour so its helps

and im not to shure what to post in that thread</font>

The weather thing is not 100%..... Sometimes i load a map and the snow is on the opasite side of the map... or its raining, or nothing.

the time frame for the weather to kick in and out is strange it shoud be like clock work but i think its a bit random when playing</font>

it wouldnt let me edit my message?? said i didnt have permission but eny way i just a got a cloud to hover and pore down with rain for about 10sec's then stop for 10sec's then it came back again like clock work but i think theres more to it somthing with the size of he cloud i think.

Edit: thats better... plus the cloud seems to hover round the co-ords and not on top of them.the cloud's edge is always on top never the hole of the cloud</font>

Yah, the game can't handle much in the way of weather and is very fussy. Like You can't have too many active systems going at the same time or large ones. Sometimes also, it a matter of getting the right numbers to make things work.

Btw, I was going to upload your map but see that you stated that it's unfinished. Would you like me to upload it anyways?

Oh, you only have an hour in which you can edit a post.

na i got a better version of it now still not done but il upload it when i think its as good as its gonna get.

Back