That's Odd (Land 4)

AppleApe

Ok, so I've decided to do Black & White all the way through for the first time (I've done creature isle 4 times) and I've made it to land 4, and have dealt with the Bell Puzzle and the Ogre plus the Hart Broken Man - so what's my problem???
The undead village, for some reason I can't take it (It has a village center) after the "belief needed" gets below 400 it resets to 500!
So, what's up with that?!?  I, also, decided to create a new village near the totems, so I could lift the curse without taking over the village, but it's slow going building the new village, and it would be nice to grab the creed and run (to land 5)!  :laugh2

You need to get your creature to raise one of the totems on the hill next to the village.

After he starts lifting it, hold the other one at full height.

Once both are at the top, the village is yours and Nemesis opens the portal to land 5.

The village is never yours, even after you finish the land that village can't be converted in my experience, except by using cheats and a bird miracle.

Thanks! :D
But, I already got the totems up (and got the creed and ran to land 5 :p)!

You can make that village your's, but there is no point. The don't even have any miracles to use as far as I remember. Oh, and they are Aztecs.

You first have to cure them of their curse, then you can get however much belief is needed.. though it might actually not work out that way.
I took long enough on the land to let them die out (don't ask me how a pack of skeletons "dies out") so I placed a missionary there and took the village. You can then make a village center (in range!) for them and fill out the rest of the village however you want.

Huge waste of time though. Which is sort of the point of videogames... so do it!

Ah, the recognition of a very valid point, there. There were these two very obnoxious kids that used to live up the street from me, and I unfortunately had to hang out with them (and their sister, who was hot for me though not much better than they in terms of human worth) because my little sister did. They really were detestable people from a detestable family, sexist, racist, the works, but that's not the point. The point is, the brothers invited me to play Halo 2. At that point I had played a total of five minutes of Halo (the original) and that was the entirety of my experience with the famous series. So, about fifteen minutes in, I realized that it was not the least bit fun, that all the weapons were either overpowered or underpowered, that there was not really much personality to the game and that I was basically doing the same thing in the same environment with no sense of achievement. It went on like this for forty-five more minutes while my sister played guitar hero or some such game with one of the brothers and the sister (they had two XBoxes, lucky buggers), and I was finally just like, "This game is no fun. What is the point of it?" And the ill-tempered kid was like, "To be better than other people at it!" And I replied, "Well, is that fun?" And he said, "No. It doesn't have to be fun. It just proves you're a better guy." I, at this point, was actually rather amused. I said to him, "Really. But playing video games isn't very manly, is it?" And he replied that of course it was, girls were no good at video games anyway! (Which is entertaining since my little sister owned him at most of the games they played competitively. I said, "But it's a nerdy thing, isn't it? And anyway, the point of games is to have fun and pass time. That's why they're called games." He got pretty angry with me for suggesting that one should have fun playing videogames, which is pretty funny, I guess. (the other brother was rather nicer, but he was the slow, gentle sort who are docile because of a mental illness caused by head trauma, which was clearly evident by the nasty scar on his forehead and uneven eyes).

Wow, I can get off-topic, can't I? Sorry, it's four in the morning and been twenty-two hours since I woke up.

Back