Submiting file problem!

Hi this problem accually pisses me off,when i tried to upload a file (zip or rar) it always reports message like name_.zip is not valid zip file or hacking attempt,its really frustrating...
So whats the problem?

That's happened to me a few times when it took me a month of Sundays to get my file ready, lol.  Make sure you are properly logged in.  The site automatically logs you off after a certain period of time if you don't specify it when you log on.  Try logging on and immediately uploading.  That generally works.

Use the other side of uploading, there are several ways to do so.

I am not certain which it was anymore - but there was an error with one of the ways - you should attempt the other.

Ok i did it from "more" then "Submit file to Kayssplace" but i dont remember that this site had so many errors before :S...anyway im rusty here how long the files will be active on download sections?I mean when they can be visible?

as far as i remember they take about 24 hours to be put on the site.
be patient, my friend; be patient!  :p

Kays normally takes care of uploads, but he's not around as frequently any more.

Lemme take a look and see if I can find where to take care of this.

Hmmmm..... Do you mind telling me the names of your uploads?

I can't seem to find anything that indicates new uploads.  I've found a mechanism for where I can create a new Download for a specific category, but I don't think that's right.

If any other Mods/Admins have a better clue than me about this, can they let me know?

Still im having problems and im getting same error message,maybe admins know why i cant upload.
On the other part i managed to upload on other link-More-Submit File To Kayssplace...cmon help out here...

I've merged the two topics together just to help us keep track of this.

I've tried uploading a test zip file and found only one way that worked for me (all the rest do funny things which I have no idea what's going on with them).

The way that worked for me was to open up any Downloads page, e.g. Downloads->B&W2 Downloads->Official B&W2 Maps.

To the left above the search box (just above the "Report a Problem" link), I had a "Submit a File" option.

This let me pick the category and everything else for the download also.

Now the gotcha on this was that it asked for my password again near the bottom of the page, so I'm unsure is this an Admin ability that I have or something all members can use.

All I can suggest is to try this mechanism and see.  I really don't know much more about this than you guys as Kays usually managed this and I have no idea what he did.  I'm just looking through all the Admin consoles and this was the best I found :( .

Thats the link i was tried to upload,it doesnt work :S,every time its a error smth about zip file :S

Edit:

Here is that error report!

Nvm guys i solved the problem Google Chrome and Firefox had given me so much trouble,it only works with IE.Ty anyway for help!

Glad to hear you got going in the end even if we weren't much help in finding out the problem :p .

*Dusts off noob badge*

OK.  we'll wear it for one day and that's my last offer  :laugh2 !

Back