Strange graphical problem, plz help

mariostar1992

I don't know if this is the right forum to put this in...but whatever.

All the water in my game is black. It's really freaky cuz the land looks like a chunk of land floating in a black hole or something. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, how do I fix it?

Unfortunately for me I have not gotten the game myself yet (damn those slow couriers :angry: ) so I can't tell you for sure if this is the problem but here goes. What you are suffering from sounds remarkably similar to problems I've had in the past with other RTSes (most notably Age of Mythologies). It sounds like you jus need to update your graphics card drivers friend. Always fixes that kind of prob for me. Just go to the manufacturers website and search their drivers page for your card. Hope you find what you need.

Updated drivers could help, but some features might not be displayed on all video cards.

What is your video card? Infact could you list the rest of your specs also.

Uh...how do I find what video card I have? My comp is about 1 year old so I suspect that it might be the outdatedness that's causing the problem. I have windows XP.

Start >> Run, type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes)

Can you post what your system memory is as well as your video card

AHA i found it it is Nvidia Geforce FX 5200

and how do i find system memory *sigh* i'm sorry i'm not a computer wiz:p

EDIT: nvm I found it, my RAM is 512 mb and i have 62.23 gb free memory. Total capacity of memory is 74.5 gb and 12.26 gb is in use.

System memory is on the 1st page of dxdiag right under "Processor".

Have you tried the latest drivers from NVidia, they're suppose to solve some problems with BW2.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_78.01.html

YES IT WORKED! THE BLACK HOLE IS GONE! HAAAALELUJAH! HAAAAALELUJAH! HALELUJAH, HALELUJAH, HAL-LE-LU-JAH!!!

lol sorry for that little outburst and for double posting. Thx to everyone who tried to help!

Ok, now I have another problem. I edited the graphic settings with notepad in the Black and White 2\Data folder and now, although the graphics are beautiful, the game is choppy as h-e-double-hockey-sticks. I edited the settings to 1 3 1 which is supposed to be the lowest of all of them but still no go!! How can i make stop the choppiness?!:(

2 is the lowest for the middle setting not 3. Try  2 1 2 or 2 2 2 . If it's still choppy then go into the custom video setings and try turning a few of them down

Edit:
When you do save it make sure that wordwrap is off

It might be best to go back to the original settings and to work up slowly in the numbers.

I finally found a working one with the fur i so wanted... 1 1 1

TY so much kay, u have solved 2 of my problems! I clicked the +reputation button for you :)

Thanks and glad you finally found a setting which worked. :)

Back