Special move during fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Taco

Is it possible to train your creature to use it's special move when it's not being commanded by you in a fight?

Hi, you should be able to. But it will take a lot of training and repetition of moves.

Can you explain how you made him do the special move uncontrolled?
I had a creature with 300 fights won uncontrolled,yet he never did his special attack alone, or any miracles either.
He did have a weird auto heal thing,though.

From the start, I skipped the tutorial and only ever let her use the special attack, block, and miracles. The creature auto-fights in the way that you control it; It turns your actions into AI. Having a fiercer creature might also help; Mine is a leopard.

I had a creature with 300 fights won uncontrolled,yet he never did his special attack alone, or any miracles either.
He did have a weird auto heal thing,though.

That's the very same that i encountered. Your creature won't do any miracles or special attack by his own.

Also, Okapidragon already admitted to me that his creature neither uses the special attack.

ajoOba, please do not take my words or your silliness out of context. I admitted that my leopard might not have done any special moves, as the leopard has a normal move that looks like the special move, but it definitely uses miracles on its own. I have an ape that fireballs and my leopard heals, so there is no question of that whatsoever.

At any rate, you are being incredibly petty. You are spreading misinformation, apparently in the cause only of being obnoxious or gaining some control you lack in your own life or trying to show some kind of dominance over me. Why you have singled me out when there are so many other people on here that have said perfectly harmless, factual things about the game to pick on I don't know, but this post is absolutely not for your benefit. I have nothing more to say to you after this, and won't, but for the benefit of preventing you from fudging the already-present factual information about the game for the very few people that are still playing it.

Which reminds me. I seem to recall specifically pointing out how petty and ridiculous it is to try to bicker about a relatively minour part of a game that about twenty people still play in the entire freaking world (and that was hyperbole, just so you don't feel the need to try and bicker about that, now, as I have picked up your pattern), particularly when you make it relatively obvious that you are either extremely unobservant or incredibly inexperienced, yet you have taken the argument from PM to an actual thread. ???

At any rate, that is all I have to say to you. Nice bump, btw. :D

I keep ignoring the fact that all your replies contain 90% flame.

I never saw anyone on these boards saying that HIS creature is able to cast miracles during battle by his own, besides you.

The common answer is always "it should be possible". Still, no one seemed to have actually done it, besides you (as you claim).

That's why i am "picking" you out of this whole. Anyway, the world doesn't revolve around you, sorry dude.

The point is, you could easily proof all of this by just connecting to one of our active hamachi networks and play a game with me.

Although, i think you will have just another and another excuse why you can't show your ultimate creature. That is why i think you are a dazzler.

For anyone who cares, this is what i and okapidragon "discussed" via private message (my first message is missing since i didn't save it, maybe Okapidragon is so nice to deliver it in addition):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Message:

Okapidragon

Re: discrepancy
« Sent to: ajoOba, May 06, 2010, 11:20 PM »

"You misunderstand. In the thread in which I stated that auto-healing was most likely random, autohealing was being used to refer to a creature healing WITHOUT using a miracle or displaying an animation. My leopard acually USES the miracle, which is absolutely possible, and, furthermore, common.

Anyway, is this just what you do, look for discrepancies in what people say? Because you have been registered for a while and only have seven posts, but presume to rag on me for two seemingly contradictory posts without reading the topics of which they were a part. A fascinating psychological creature you seem to be.

Just check your facts before you PM next time. Otherwise, admirable."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Message:

ajoOba

« Sent to: Okapidragon, May 07, 2010, 09:48 AM »

"QuoteYou misunderstand.

No, i don't.

QuoteIn the thread in which I stated that auto-healing was most likely random, autohealing was being used to refer to a creature healing WITHOUT  using a miracle or displaying an animation.

I know that.

QuoteMy leopard acually USES the miracle, which is absolutely possible, and, furthermore, common.

So you just lied, and here is why:

QuoteMy most recent creature was able to win the fight without me watching.

That implies that you don't take care of your creature during the fight. That means you do no gestures for him, like the the heart for heal and still your creature is able to cast heal on himself.

Furthermore, you even claim that your creature is able to use special moves (needs a gesture) and is able to use lightning (needs gesture) all while you don't watch the fight. Again, that implies that you never ever do any gesture during the whole fight for him nor interact in any case, still your creature will only use special moves, and be able to use lightning. (Again: you do nothing during the whole fight, it's only your creature that is fighting)

QuoteOf course, this was a creature that I put 200+ hours into, that was in perfect shape (~80 muscle, ~30 fat), knew lightening, only used special move, lightening, block and heal, was a leopard, and was basically fantastic in every way.

By the way...

QuoteAnyway, is this just what you do, look for discrepancies in what people say? Because you have been registered for a while and only have seven posts, but presume to rag on me for two seemingly contradictory posts without reading the topics of which they were a part. A fascinating psychological creature you seem to be.

That's not the point. I just don't like people giving wrong information by putting rumors into the world."

4. Message:

Okapidragon

« Sent to: ajoOba, May 07, 2010, 08:04 PM »

"Now you are just being obstinate. Gesture-related moves can be done by the creature. What CANNOT be done, at least by will, is the creature spontaneously healing WITHOUT using the miracle. The creature, when properly raised, can use gestures. I might be wrong about the special move, as the leopard and wolf both have a move that looks like the special move but is not, but that is the only thing it does and the only thing I do when directing it is have it use the special move, so I think it is logical to assume that is what is happening.

QuoteYou misunderstand.

No, i don't.
Oh, yeah? Have you got any evidence to back that claim up? Because reality seems to suggest otherwise. Anyway, until you give me some evidence that you know what the Hell you are talking about, I won't even justify this by replying that you really don't. That is an honour I reserve for mere idiots, but you, sir, are a nuisance, as well.

QuoteThat's not the point. I just don't like people giving wrong information by putting rumors into the world.
That is the pettiest crap I have ever heard. Keep in mind, even had what I said been fallacy, this is still about a fairly subtle detail of a ten-year-old game that almost nobody plays anymore, as evidenced by the fact that this is the last fan community for it, and that very few users use this site anymore (and most of them, I suspect, are wise enough to, in the words of Malaclypse the younger, "separate the sh*t from the bullsh*t" by trying things themselves). If you are going to worry about rumours going out into the world, then first of all have the guts to challenge me in-forum (as I suspect that, assuming that you are telling the truth about not sticking around just to be petty about any discrepancy you think you see, then you are PM'ing me so that, if this turns into a flame-war, you will not be blamed), and second of all go for something a little bigger and more important, like dangerous "miracle diets" or the KKK or Southern Baptist Church burnings of theatres on the pretense that some God hates gays. You are arguing a false point on an inconsequential subject to an experienced veteran in arguing both true and false points to the end, and you are, as they say, "barking up the wrong tree."

angel All the best."

5. Message:

ajoOba

« Sent to: Okapidragon, Jun 05, 2010, 10:28 AM »

"QuoteGesture-related moves can be done by the creature.

QuoteI might be wrong about the special move

come one... i don't really have to tell you that this is contradictory, do i?

Quotethe only thing I do when directing it is have it use the special move, so I think it is logical to assume that is what is happening.

you "think" that it is "assumable" ? that sounded a little bit different before :
QuoteMy leopard acually USES the miracle

ok, that is interesting:

Quoteeven had what I said been fallacy

now we come closer to what is the kernel of the brute!

Quotethis is still about a fairly subtle detail of a ten-year-old game that almost nobody plays anymore

so, in your opinion it's ok to be inaccurate or just telling something you made up because nobody cares anyway?

by the way, there are still people playing online on some networks, including me.

QuoteIf you are going to worry about rumours going out into the world, then first of all have the guts to challenge me in-forum

i don't really care... post every single message in the forum... if someone reads it, good for him. i can't post it because i don't have all the messages between us."

6. Message:

Okapidragon

« Sent to: ajoOba, Jun 05, 2010, 04:32 PM »

"Reported, troll.

Though I have warned you that continuing to harass me would result in me reporting you, and yet I still took your somewhat shallow debate in good nature, you have continued to come back with weak, nitpicking arguments founded on semantics and something you thought you saw but couldn't man up and admit you didn't, and though I have warned you (some time ago, now) that continuing to harass me would result in my reporting you, you have utterly failed to shut up and troll about elsewhere.

Just informing you of why.  Big grin"

In the name of gentlemanliness, and because you have already spammed up the thread so I doubt I'll do much damage (though I'll have the courtesy to spoiler), here it is.

copypasta:

Hello there.

http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=4347.msg46505#msg46505

"My most recent creature was able to win the fight without me watching. I just went and made some food for my town, and five minutes later I won the fight. Of course, this was a creature that I put 200+ hours into, that was in perfect shape (~80 muscle, ~30 fat), knew lightening, only used special move, lightening, block and heal, was a leopard, and was basically fantastic in every way."

You claim, that your creature can auto-heal himself, use lightning miracle and use (only) special moves, when you let him fight for himself.

What exactly is true of this whole message and what is a lie?

By the way...

http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=4552.msg40670#msg40670

"If the NPC ogre can autoheal, then it probably can't be taught and is rather random. Your tiger could have just been lucky.
I hate to be a killjoy, but that was my point."

Why is there such a discrepancy in your comments like from one extreme to the other?

ajoOba

Ugggh, I'm not reading through all that, but nobody cares about your private PMs. If you have a legitimate problem with something someone says, PM me, don't post it all over the board. This was all cleared up without the massive paste of PMs. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back