So, after all these years how does this game look and run on modern hardware?

somethingbrite

So, I think I originally installed and played this in the early 2000's and it was probably a 1Mhz Athlon rig with 256mb of ram and a GeForce2

I loved the game and it looked gorgeous at the time. But, things like coming through the vortex with a bunch of stuff would cause the game to grind to a halt.

I'm kind of interested in knowing if the extra poke of modern hardware really gets harnessed into the game now. How does it look? How does it run? Do modern faster CPU's and vast amounts of ddr4 make an astonishing difference or is there are there elements that are just never really going to benefit from all that extra power?

Really interested in digging out my old cd's and following the install guides here to see for myself. Loved the game at the time and welcome the opportunity to revisit it once again.

Many thanks in advance for all the stupid questions I'm going to ask.

Not really all that difference, without my patches the game runs a lot worse in fact because the game can't comprehend the amount of RAM you have and defaults back to low graphics mode.

You can easily run the game at 200+ FPS on max settings though on any hardware after 2008 :)

Back