Skirmish maps

Alberath

I'm sure some one else has posted about this but i can't find it.
i can't seem to install the skirmish map, and if i did how do i access them once there installed?

The basic skirmish map is dead simple.
To install you just need to put the " anything.txt" file into your B&W1 .....Playgrounds folder. If it comes with extras like a new land you put  the xxx.lnd file in the landscapes folder.
To be honest if the new map dosen't explain  this in a readme file that comes in the xxx.ZIP then how much care has been put into the map??

What Grem has outlined is for BW1, It's different for BW2.

All maps should have a reaadme.txt fle which will tell you where to place the files and how to start a game using the map.

Sorry Kay's did I miss something  somewhere  but B&W1 is the only  one to have Skirmish mode CI can acess the same maps.
But B&W2 has no skirmish mode and no skirmish maps.
The best you can do in 2 is replace the original lands not add extra skirmish lands from a seperate "menu"

i meant B&W2.
and i do look at and follow the "read me" text but i just don't understand certain parts like

To play:
Start a new profile with the map name and then start a new game.

does that mean i make a new profile with the same name as the map or what?
i know I'm asking stupid questions, but some one has to

Since there's no skirmish mode, you're actually starting a new game to play a map. It will be overwriting what's in your existing profile so it's recommended that you start a new profile. It's not necessary to use the map name that's just a suggestion.

@Grem
I didn't think that Alberath  played BW1. That's why.

and this hole time i thought you had to finish the game in a profile before you could play skirmish maps.
so i guess you cant install two maps at once?

Back