Saving multiplayer

Rex Crinitus

Hi people,
me and my friend have again started playing the game but we haven't got enough time to play through a skirmish game in one sit. Is there any way to save the game in a multiplayer?

Like Burgald said, I don't think you can save a multiplayer game. I recall reading once on here a while ago that someone supposedly knew how to do it, but I don't think they ever shared how.

You can try and save the game in the Save Game Room in the Temple, or perhaps using your Quick Save slot. I don't think it's possible, though.

Well, if I remember correctly, the only real way to "save" a multiplayer game (it is not technically saving but it does the same thing) is to have it crash some way or another. When a multiplayer game crashes, a file is created somewhere to restore the game where it crashed when you boot up another multiplayer game with the same players. However I don't remember if you have to copy this file or anything, it's been a really long time since I did this, but basically when the game crashes, your game is "saved" from this backup file and once you select players to join in the multiplayer menu, a checkbox appears to make you start where the crash occured. However, once this game starts, your worshippers won't be worshipping you anymore in the temple and your current mana will be gone if I remember correctly, you have to raise the totems again to make them worship you again. One way to make a mp game crash on purpose is to overload it some way or another, and that I don't know how, some people surely knows more precisely how to make it happen, I just vaguely remember how it can happen. It can for sure, but it's kind of a hassle if you ask me.

Save game room in the Temple and QuickSave slots in that room does save the game, but loading it does not load a multiplayer game, it instead loads a single player skirmish game with the current progress of all players from when the save was made and replacing any other real players than you with standard AIs.

Hmm I wonder if I could write something like this into my game client, that would be a useful option to have..

Been a long time since I played Black and White and CI I still have all of my stuff also my creature Moses the golden Ape I am looking for those who wish to challege me in B&W CI just holla

I still play Black&White in multiplayer, BlastLord25!^^

(But my problem only, I have no others, who wants to play with me)

I'll play the game with yea I've been looking for a challenge the last person I played black and white with I was building up my villages he then attacked me with fireballs and such but I manage to take the greek town with my creature with food and wood and such also took his other town then he left the game in simple terms I know how to play Black and white pretty well

so a guy wrote a guide how to save the multiplayer, he said one player needs the football add-on, while one doesn't. that way the game gets out of sync or something.
he explains it better than me: http://bawsite.com/multiplayersavingguide.html

sounds like a crude way to force a crc check mismatch of the client state, thus the game host perceives that as an out of sync issue.. I could probably do it from my multiplayer client simply with some TCP stream meddling and eliminate the need for the football addon trick entirely..

Perhaps it is just me but  I feel there is no need to save a MP game.
All you need to do is set the win conditions and time limit for your MP game. This is how 99% of all MP games were played when MP was popular. A typical game would be an hour long with influence area or other condition set.  If you played in a tournament or league then up to 10 games in a week was often required.

Full details of how to set up an MP game (not a 2x SP) are in the 1.2 patch notes.

B&W MP was never intended to be a 2xSP game thats why there is no save function.

I hope this helps and adds interest to your games. 

Back