save/loading. PLZ HELP ME i just want to progress.

basslinebreach

:help :help
i have recently started bw1 with the recommended patches from this site only and im having a save/load issue .  when i start the game it gives me a couple of options to skip the tutorial but when i go to save manually then load the game back up, i am back at the starting skip option and once i get the temple back up again my save is not there .    why is it not booting up where i left off.        ive also tried saving in the temple and loading the save from the wall there and then and it sends me back to the starting skip options  :help plz

you may have to run the game "as an administrator" (you should get that option just by right clicking on "runblack.exe". i think on modern operating systems it doesn't give the game access to make changes to the B&W folder.
maybe check if that fixes your problem.
also: it doesn't automatically load the game you saved in the temple, it loads the last game that you had loaded when you quit B&W. (except if it's a skirmish map, it doesn't load into skirmish maps at all, you always have to start those from the temple)

hope this helps :)

Back