Rush' um

Alberath

this rush has no particular use, it's good for a holy boost and getting through the land quickly but other then that it's a fun thing to do to test out your war skills. All that required is that you have enough tribute to buy the "100 soldiers"
like i said it's simple. at the very beginning of the first Japanese land quickly build a store house and armory using the trees and ore rocks within your influence (time is important so use god build) and put a ore rock in the store house then recruit as many soldiers from the population you start out with (about 35) then but the 100 soldiers and merge them. with the 50 archers you start out with will give you a slightly high number of troops then the Japanese(If you want you can also buy the 100 archers to, but then it becomes a little to easy). so then attack the capital. That's where your own skills come into play because the Japanese will continue to recruit more soldiers to fight as you kill off there initial troops.
But if you do take the capital all the other villages will instantly migrate to you (which makes you 12.8%good)

It's a fun thing to try out if you have a little spare time

Thanks for posting the tip, Alberath! :) I couldn't remember the Japanese never stopped recruiting troops, but I'm also used to play as Good. I have lots of free time, and I'm alone in the house tomorrow. Then, I'll try it out!

Nice rush. 
Just don't expect it to work everytime for any player.
Not mentioned but you will need to use a fairly advanced creature  to clear walls of archers and break down gates etc or an upgraded siege engine.

Or have I missed something .  I don't usually attack to defeat a town  but to occupy  a deserted one, even so gates close and are impassible o troops  a way needs to be broken through?

In looking at it, that is a neat trick.  :yes

In the first Japanese land they need to build the city up. So if you're fast enough you should be able to attack their city before the walls are completely built and manned with archers.

you're getting the wrong idea.
this is meant for the VERY beginning of the first Japanese land BEFORE they have time to build gates.
using the method i described gives you 130 soldiers(around there) and 50 archers(the ones you start out with)
and going straight for the capital not sub towns

I should of added that their Siren wonder is probably not built or charged at that time neither.[br][br]Added: Dec 03, 2006, 07:54 PMIf the walls aren't completely built then your troops should just be able to walk right through them. Also if you can get your creature inside to damage the armories then the Japanese woun't be able to recruit any more platoons.

i prefer army to army combat without a creature.
it makes it more challenging and fun, and I'd advise it for this rush because with the creature it's to easy

Back