runtime error c++ help please :(

cahliRAVE

every time i try to save the game (all saves; quick save, auto save and when i quit the game) just before i go through the portal to land two, i get window library runtime error c++ . :help

now, it sometimes happens before i speak to the lion about the creeds but it always happens after when the portal is open.
i have just made a new save that works fine it seems my problem only really occurs after the creature guide (lion) dies
I've tried just entering the portal but that triggers a save (error c++) regardless of whether i have auto save on or off.  :shocked

now, all my other saves are fine and accessible, i installed the first patch that came with the game and it has been running perfectly up to this point. could it be I've spent too much time on land one? my creatures 3/4 of the way grown.   :shocked

I'm running it as admin (before i started playing it as admin because of the save issue, i was able to play past all lands but not save anything) on windows vista home basic, 1gig ram etc, everything way over the required amount to play the game. it seems I've had every single problem you could find with this game  :shocked (its driving me insane XD) but I'm not about to give up now. its awesome when it works

also, what lh file are the autosaves located in? i would like to delete them and also back up my game but I'm not sure how.

thanks in advance,

Did you install the patch after beginning to play the game? In other words, were any of your save-games that exist saved before you installed the patch?

Is there any useful information in the error, like filenames or an error code?

-ego533

i installed the patch straight after i installed the game. but now I'm getting  :suspect "lh has stopped working" i am probably going to uninstall the game  but help on both problems would be appreciated  :yourock:

first error was :

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library,

Runtime error! ,

Program lionhead studios LTD/Black & White/runblack. exe

Abnormal program termination "

I was trying to diagnose your problem, but was unable to detirmine the cause, because I do not have enough information.

What is your OS? Did you install the latest patches and fixes of this OS, and the game itself? Are all your drivers up to date, and - are you running the game without any mods or fixes, such as a noCD fix?

I also have to inform you, that many people here have noticed alot of problems getting Black & White running on Vista. If you are running vista, please give all other information you can. The more the better. Though don't give any private information, so be sure to check if you copy-paste anything :)

---
Amendum: I noticed the error happens when you go through the portal to land 2 - the land of Kazzar and Lehtys, did you toss anything down the portal that you would call abnormal? Such as an insane ammount of wood, food, or anything else? (Normally things like this should not be an issue, but if you are running Vista, who knows..!)

Where is the game installed on the computer? Like, [ C:\Program Files\ ... ]

-ego533

This is also a problem that's beginning to happen.  It's the first time I have ever seen it and I have never had it since.  I will admit there are some in same amounts of food and wood scattered around Land 3 due to when I went into Vortex. Text and duped the data. 

Although that can't be the issue :( I have done this loads of times and it's never affected me in the slightest.  #
Please  : help

Back