Running Black & White 2 on Windows 10

adame1996 said:
What is this ? Why does it matter how graphic this setting?

I keep having this problem and I don't know how to fix it, I've patched and fan patched. What do I do?
I'm running the game on Windows 10

Ta Apoc xoxo

Hi
I'm struggling with launching the game. I ran the updates and copied over the patch, but in the end i get the game to launch then it switches back to my desktop. The game is running in the background and i can hear the music, it also appears in my task bar ad task manager, but no matter how many times i click on it it just takes me t a black screen an then back to my desktop. Please help.

P.s. I don't think the patch is the problem because yours isn't the first patch i tried.

Hi guys!

Just thought I'd give a lil helping hand - sorry if this isn't the right place to do it - yesterday I probably spent a good 5 hours uninstalling and reinstalling B & W 2 desperately trying to get both the game and trainer to work on Win10, so I thought I'd share my fix on the page Google constantly redirected me back to; maybe I'll save other people some time!

If you have the Black and White 2 Trainer v1.2.0.1 by LqdGroover, you'll most likely be getting 'White is in memory - Not Connected' in the top right.
To get it working with your game, all you need to do is right-click BW2v12_Trn_v1201.exe (or whichever version you're using) -> Properties > Compatability -> Tick 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' -> Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
I haven't tried with other compatibility modes, but this is the one which got my Trainer Connected.

Good luck!

Erm... I'm REALLY sorry for creating an account JUST to post one question, but please, throw me a bone here: Is there a fan patch for the BotG expansion as well?

Hello.

After finding out that a Black & White YouTuber is creating content again I felt the urge to build some cities myself.

Unfortunately I'm experiencing stuttery and unresponsive vertical mouse movement.
I'm using Windows 10 with a Logitech G402 mouse.

Any ideas are appreciated.

EDIT: It appears like the game isn't comfortable with a high polling rate of your mouse.
Lowering it as much as possible helps a lot. :)

AKANexus said:
Erm... I'm REALLY sorry for creating an account JUST to post one question, but please, throw me a bone here: Is there a fan patch for the BotG expansion as well?

Handsome Matt hasn't created a patch for the expansion yet but there are a few no CD patches on the internet.
I'm not sure if they are illegal but it worked flawlessly for me the last time I tried.

so I downloaded all the patches, 1.1 1.2 and the fan deal, and when I try to download the 1.1 it says that I don't have black and white 2 downloaded on my computer, it is, legally, dled by disk. I'm on windows 10.

Place both 1.1 and 1.2 patches in the main Black & White folder.
You know it's the right place when you find the executable named white. :)

ok I put it in there and tried to open it but it acts like its gonna load, asks me if it can have permission to change settings on my computer, I click accept then it does nothing....
:help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help

steven.byrd2 said:
ok I put it in there and tried to open it but it acts like its gonna load, asks me if it can have permission to change settings on my computer, I click accept then it does nothing....
:help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help

you need the fan patch to even launch the game, make sure you copy it over white.exe

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm getting a bug in BotG whenever I try to cast an Epic Miracle. Basically the camera goes ballistic and the sound file of the miracle plays, but nothing actually happens. Well, almost nothing. There's a small miracle marker where I cast the thing.

I found somebody else with the same issue, but it remains unresolved.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/black-amp-white-2-battle-of-the-gods-siren-issue-26815962/

Everything is patched and up to date (playing BotG)

EDIT:
Well, I thought the patch fixed it, but now the problem persists. I think it has something to do with the transitioning cutscenes (where you see your villagers surrounding the wonder right after you cast it). Sometimes it happens and the epic miracle cast fully and sometimes the camera just goes crazy and the epic miracle isn't cast.

Also, this is a tad off topic, but Alignment seems to be stuck.

I thank you for the Fan patch but am having the program crash all the time.  I have installed it on two computers and the same issue happens.  After a while of playing the game crashes, and sometimes the most recent save game will be corrupt.  The game is great to play, but this is driving me batty.  Please help.

Need to know a little more to help you sorry, what are your computer specs and OS? Also are you running as administrator?

Yes, running as Admin, and windows 10 with the core affinity on "0" and CPU priority set to high. I used the task manager to turn off all other processes and I am using compatibility of XP with service pack 2, but have tried XP with service pack 3 and windows 98/me.  My computer is a i5 750 with 4g ram and a Raedon 5870 with current drivers.

Hi

Hope you can help?

I've used your patches to make my old copy of black and white 2 work and I loved the game so much again literally nearly got a divorce because of it that I had to go and buy a cd copy from amazon of the expansion pack Battle of the gods - i've now had this delivered but I can't find any patches or find anything online that will enable me to play it - at first it said run as admin - tried that but it just doesn't want to launch.

Are you looking to make a patch for BOTG? ( for windows 10 )

Many thanks in advance.

you can download the botg patch here: http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=1422 hope it helps :)

Handsome Matt said:
you can download the botg patch here: http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=1422 hope it helps :)

It works!.

Cant thank you enough thanks for the hard work :angel

rupez said:
It works!.

Cant thank you enough thanks for the hard work :angel

You're welcome, good to hear it works :)

Hey guys.

Could use a little help. I'm running BW2 on Windows 10 and everytime I fix some problem a new one appears. Downloaded both patches + both fan patches (before that I couldn't run the game at all), I am running it in compatibility mode W95 (which stopped graphical bugs and flickering but also made audio a bit stuttery but I can survive that) but the game reguraly crashes with "Core application has stopped running" message. It always happens after pretty much the same time as before, and I don't really know what to do now. I am running as admin, tried changing CPU affinity (CPU 0, also tried all of them at the same time) and it still happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Shouldn't be running in any comparability mode at all. (It bugs a lot) Just administrator.

Hey. Sorry slightly offtopic been looking over the forums and noticed alot of mods and downloadable maps - are these simple to install and play on windows 10?

Back