[REQUEST] Gremlins on Building Blocks (BW1)

Aman

Me and my sister always enjoy playing BW1 over LAN since BW2 has no multiplayer, and probably never will. We mostly enjoy the map "Building Blocks" the most. We just build  huge cities and coperate. But after an hour or so, making huge cities starts to get a bit boring, since theres no real challenge. So, I was wondering if anyone could stick some gremlins ( Ogres ) near the japanese village in the middle, or wherever you seem fit.
They can be any size, as long as they arnt HUGE preferably around the size of 5 year old creature. Maybe 8  or 10 of them  whatever you think would be  right, and if they could be pure evil, it would be  very pleasing  :) As well if you really feel up to it, you could some how try to stick in the script from land 4, how the gremlins run into the village and steal villagers. If anyone could do this I owe them something. And I actually mean that. I'll give you SOMETHING, I'm just trying to think of what.  :laugh2

That doesn't sound too difficicult - it would take me ages to do :D but I'm sure somebody will do it for you - theres some very clever people here :)

I don't know how easy it would be to do. ???

That can't be scripted in. All we can do with B&W is to add a creature to a map and the type of creature is determined by the mind file used. So someone would have to take a mind file, or their creature and then use the creature changer to change it to an ogre (or Kong if you want to change the size also) and save it to use in a map. I also forget if a creature needs to be assigned to a god.

Ah I didn't read the question properly :D

You can put in as many creatures (in this case ogres) as Kays said.  You can assign one to each god or have them running around as neutral.  The script part would be virtually impossible I think - unless you could get in touch with Lenny or somebody and ask them, not sure though ???

It has been a while, I totally forgot about the neutral creature.   :rolleyes

We still have the old scripting tools, but thier for CI and not B&W.

Now there is another problem. We don't have the Building Blocks map here so that I can look at it. 

The building blocks map is the 2 player map  that comes with the official map pack, and yea that's what I meant, lots of neutral evil "gremlins". The script part was just a neat idea I was wondering about.

If nobody else does it first I'll have a go at it when I get back from work later.  Can you send me the map though? Send it to loonatik_4eva@hotmail.com and I'll give it a go - aint done anything like this in ages though :)

If I read the request correctly it is the 2 gods MP  bombardment map , Mahu.
Just a couple of suggestions for the Gremlins if you want to give a real suprise in the map mix say "fear" mind at max size and size match the lesser gremlins to player 1 using the inbuilt minds. This would sort of follow the script a bit.

Duhh.. of course...  But it's not Bombardment, it's the one that came with the Offical Map Pack.

I don't know if online maps can be edited using Notepad or if there's a special procedure needed. There is a tutorial in the FAQs by Matt_NZ on how to make custom online maps if that's of any help.

Once all players are using the same version of the map it should work fine.
When i was at "the lounge" i made a custom land and map for the one of the tournament finals.

Everything turned out ok...

I'd done something similar about a year ago. What I did was train different creatures different ways, and make them different sizes, and put them in the place of various rocks and trees on the map. I would typically have a couple of friendly helpful creatures, a couple of ultra destructive creatues, and have them spawn in different areas of the map so they'd hang out in different places. You can make them literally the size of villagers and I had a map called Gremlin Attack in which a giant evil chimp (The Gremlin King)with all kinds of spells and a bunch of smaller apes (Gremlins) would run around and eat villagers and kick trees. My gremlins were about twice the size of villagers, just tall enough to see over most buildings (the size was set at about 11 I think), and the Gremlin King was a gigantic purple ape that would fight my creature (set to creature size) and at times throw fireballs at the buildings or try to win towns back from me.

Doing this was very easy once I learned how to import creatures and creature AI's into the map, which can all be done with notepad or any txt editor. I would suggest using Kong to modify a base creature, and there are tutorials about how to import them into a map. Their names are the trickiest part but putting the creatures in at various sizes is easy. You can also remove the hair file if the way that creature hair clips through objects bothers you, just by moving the hair file into a backup folder.

Back