Replacing models for other race

vrnikolai

Hi,
I have been searching and there are several race mods, which I all dislike. I just want the three race mods (norse, japanese, aztec) that replace the respective greek buildings/army/citizens. In the mods I found the japanese feud overwrites the greek mansion (because there isnt a japanese mansion), which I dont like, I would like to keep the greek mansion, and happens the same with other buildings.

Then I wanted to just delete manually these ones but I cant identify each one because of the names of the files.

I also would like to save my current army flags (red) to not mix them with the enemy ones (green, blue).

I noticed too that some embellishments are messed. In the landscape editor its shown that the greeks have way more embellishments than the rest, so I would like to replace several greek ones, but not all.

The problem are the file names and that I cant see which model is each file since i dont have a viewer. Also I dont know from where the mod author extracted the bwm files. Also the building menu should have the icon corresponding to the replaced buildings.

I tried two japanese mods, one I dont know the name, the other was the "become a japanese".

Thanks

As memory serves, not all the Greek buildings and embellishments have counterparts in the other races.

This makes having a like-for-like mod replacement for said races difficult.

I know, thats why I said that greeks have more. I just want to replace the replaceable ones, this is, for example, japanese and greeks, replace all houses for japanese ones, except the mansion, which japanese dont have, and keep the greek mansion. Then for embellishments:

greek --> japanese
column  --> jap shrine
fertility
fountain --> jap fountain
garden --> jap garden
spike
torture pit
street lamp  --> jap street light (is under misc, instead of under buildings, in landscape editor)
well

greek --> norse
column --> norse statue
fertility
fountain --> norse fountain
garden
spike
torture pit
street lamp --> norse street lamp (same as jap one)
well

greek --> aztec
column --> aztec statue
fertility
fountain --> aztec fountain
garden
spike
torture pit
street lamp --> aztec streetlight (same as both above, named m_aztecstreetlight)
well

I would like to include also the small town centres, those ones that disappear when you conquer them. However I dont know what to replace since they are pretty big. The only building is the torture pit, however it should need to change the mechanics on game building balance, and I dont want to go that far.

Also I remember that in one mod it came a statue of feritily. It was a sat fat woman, but I cant find it anywhere. It would fit the three races, norse, jap and aztec.

You've gotta do some rearranging, and if I remember correctly, installing a race mod and then opening and using the greek models in landscape editor would yield the models that they've been replaced with...so that's how you can figure out which one is which. Not sure if that's what you meant...

All you have to do to keep the ones you don't want replaced is to simply not place files like greek_mansion for ex (im not sure what its actual name is)or anything in its respect. You could also place them all in their respective paths and then 'pluck' them out 1 by 1.

Also, if you've unpacked everything.stuff it's best if you keep backups because your installation could end up with no models (pink hearts) if you remove any references to what model should be used, which could mean you need to reinstall.

Lastly, to change town centers, the process is the same, however the giant scroll, two statues on the sides, and the big flame/fountain will be sort of merged into whatever model you pick to be the town center; I tested this out with the siren wonder about 2 years ago, and for the most part, it's harmless, but will look slightly odd.

Hope that helps  ???

The problem is that I dont have the model files .bwm. I tried to search in the game but I didnt found anything named m_greekabode_a.bwm, which is the name that comes in the mods I downloaded.

and you unpacked Everything.Stuff? Should give you the models  ???

Regardless, you don't need the models to keep the original buildings. Just don't extract "m_greekabode_a.bwm" from the mod if you don't want to replace the actual model in the game (the Greek one).

If you do extract Everything.Stuff, however, you will need them if you replace them and then delete whatever you replaced it with; or else it'll show up as an error.

I think that you think that I know more than I know XD

How can I extract the models from everything.stuff? I tried 7zip and it gives an error.

Ahh, sorry! I didn't know you were completely new to this. My bad!

Unfortunately I don't have BW2 installation anymore so I can't quite remember all the details, but you've gotta download these tools here and use the unstuffer to extract all the content of the game. If you don't mind me saying, though, heed warning to my previous posts about changing models, as it can be a very difficult process if you muck up somewhere.

I think you'll figure it out from this point on how to do whatever you want to do; it's really straight-forward and most of it can be done with these tools.

Back