REALLY, REALLY frustrating lags in BOTG

The reason im posting this simmilar topic as before is that i get too much odd and frustrating lags in BOTG...while BLack And White 2 runs smoothly...

Again my PC specs:

Athlon 64 3400 +
2.5 GB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 AGP 512 MB DDR3

Ok BW2 runs around 40 + FPS or even 100 + on max without AA, but BOTG even on LOW settings is on -10 FPS -.- sometimes for 2 mins goes up 60 + or 30 + it depends, but usually its 10 fps or lower, ive tried with graphics.config file... doesnt help... (ive put this:
1st collumn: 3 2nd: 0 and 3rd: 3)

Driver's are up to date, DX 9c is up to date, the system checker EA says only Unknown Compatibility for Graphic Card, and drivers...

BOTG will run the same as B&W2

Maybe you just did B&W2/Data/Graphics,config
Did you miss BOTG/Data/Grapics.config both files should be the same to get the same performance.

BOTG is not an expansion for B&W2 as in the normal sense that it expands B&W2. It is a separate follow on game.

Dude... as i said, BW2 runs with no problems while BOTG is f up...both BW2 and BOTG are modified for newer cards...i know it's expension...

-NighTragE- (MayheM) said:
Dude... as i said, BW2 runs with no problems while BOTG is f up...both BW2 and BOTG are modified for newer cards...i know it's expension...

Yes I read your first post and you did not say you modified both files. The main reason for your problem is only modding one of the 2 files.

The reason there are 2 config files is one for each game.  As you "know it's an expansion" then I won't be able to try and sort your problem.

Hope you find help elsewhere.

Well that's the problem i cant find help elsewere because there are no anymore BW sites as before -.-.
Anyway srry for my harsh response i was pissed off... :S
Anyway what i did is about those config files that i put all:
3 0 3
BW 2 runs smoothly without sudden lag issues like BOTG.
Anyway the weird thing is that for a few mins botg runs smoothly on high then when i zoom out fps drops to constant 10 fps until i change again graphic settings...its really weird. Also i didnt had these problems when i had Radeon X800 XT and when i had the new GFX card HD 3850 AGP, after a year when i decided to play BW2 and BOTG again these problems appeared (Btw first time with HD 3850 i didnt installed drivers from CD which came with GFX, i DL them from AMD site... but now idk what is happening, could be driver problem? Servise Pack 3 for WIN XP or config file itself :S).

Btw Radeon HD 3850 AGP or PCIE have the same features, SM 4.0 clocks etc...

If you probably know what's the problem can you suggest something?
Btw again sorry again for my response before...

haha... i have more problems with this game, for example, the epic miracles when u put one on the ground...... this appear in the deep waters, and the bug when u save the game, or the "GHOST" shield miracle, or when u lost ur materials from the hand, or, or, or these, or all! the game its fully glitched, this dont have the patch for solve problems, this is frustrating.... :c  :sorry

@MigX there is no patch and never will be. The team who could have patched BOTG were disbanded years ago, maybe even before the game hit the streets.

There a few things to try.

First the  correct edit for  your graphics card is.......

3850      3      0    3

Just edit any line, anywhere  it is the numbers that are important.  (my botg runs/ran fine without an edit though on HD2600 & HD4600)

Next use AMD AUTO DETECT to confirm you do indeed have the latest/ correct(?) driver.

Fragmented files is also a likely suspect if you didn't defrag before installing.

Using the drivers that came with the 3850 card may help sometimes new divers break old games.

BTW what XP do you run 32/64 bit both work on your pc....Basic or Pro? are you using a no CD patch.

XP Black Edition (SP 3), yea im using NOCD patch but problem is that i never had problem before like i do now :S.
Ok ill try with this setting.
Ill report later with results.

I maybe your NOCD patch get rid of it and try again.
Also check your PM box.

Back