Random freezing

Fowler

B&W will sometimes freeze for no apparent reason. It usually freezes for about a minute and then I can start playing again.
I have a P4 1.38HHz, a GeForce2 MX/MX 400 and 128MB of RAM. Pretty crappy, I know, but it should be able to run this decently.
Also, whenever something pops up (such as a firewall message) that forces B&W to minimize, it will close.
Thank you in advance.

true once it froze right after for some reason when i destroyed lethys beast and it froze then it froze after lethys temple exploded for like 10 secs

Try upgrading or downgrading your video drivers.

Good luck :)

ya, its definitly a video card issue.  i would think it MIGHT be a heat problem, but wouldnt that cause a full system freeze up

Good thought, heat could be the cause.

Try running your pc with the covers of and see if that helps.

I am having the same problem as this guy. I would update my drivers, but it says it might stop letting my video card work. So I don't know what to do.

I don't see why you'd get that warning if you've got the proper drivers to install.

At worst, if there is a problem you should still be able to boot up in safe mode so you can delete the driver and reinstall the version you have now.
For Safe mode, press F8 when you see the "Windows is starting" message on boot up.

:help
now I have the problem where random pixels appear. (I am horrible at description.

Could you post your system specifications?

Thanks

I fixed the graphic error, but I still have the random freezing. Someone suggested it was the auto9save, but I turned that off and still had troubles. :pie

I know I am not the creator of this thread, but I'll post my specs.
P4 1.9 GHz
RAM 256 MB
Geforce 2 or something, with latest drivers.</font>

When it freezes, does your cd drive start to spin up. ???

Try copying the music files from the cd to the music folder on your hard drive.

Darn...now I have the graphic problem, and the game runs w/ a lower frame rate.. (not sure about the freezing). I have it turned to the lowest graphical setting. Still problems. Now what?</font>

Back