Random crashes, fix yet?

Dramonicous

Ive been looking for atleast 15hrs now for a solution to the random crashes in BW2 without any success.
While Ive managed to solve every other problem like graphic glitches and audio stutter cuz of super high fps.
(process priority to high and affinity to only use 1 processor)

But the biggest problem that causes random crashes is a tough nut to crack.

It most often happens when your building alot or when you reach progression points that (I think) results in a auto-save.
In some compability modes then the ground turns dark or building scaffolds disappear when this is about to happen, at this point then its a extremely high likelihood that any saves made after this point will be corrupted. Which makes the game impossible to play with this bug.

After playing 10-15min when the crash usually occurs I can try to save manually and then I notice that all my previous saves have disappeared, as if the game cant find my profile anymore.
I need to find a way to prevent this from happening, as after it happens then the game seems to be in conflict with write protections or permissions.

I have tried all compability modes, launch as admin, even made a new account (not admin).
I have tried with patch 1,2 and 1,3, no diffrence.

If anyone knows how to change the path for save files, so I can save my game in other places than my documents then that would prolly solve it.
Preferably a modder that can remove the idiotic profile system the game has.

Tried playing battle of the gods and I just finished the first map. I cluttered pretty much the whole map with storehouses so I could attack from just outside his influence, really taxing the game as much as possible. No crashes for atleast 1hr+ game time, so then i beat him and after I take over the towns by force. After I take the last town I do one final quick save and then I thought that the crash bug was gone...  then CRASH.
When I start the game up again my quick save isnt corrupted, but its a quick save I made about 15-20min earlier.
Anyway if I can just get BW2 to perform atleast this good then its playable, a slight annoyance but playable (just need to save more often).

so botg runs a lot better than the normal game? did you use any of my fan patches I've provided?

also the game will "lose" your save files the more you mess around with comparability mode and run as admin mode, they generally change the directories - you shouldn't need to mess with that stuff anyway.

Im not using any compability mode and I did install all of the patches including yours. I have tried with and without admin without noticing a diffrence.
Also I only tried BotG once so it may have been luck idk.

On a sidenote after installing your BotG patch I noticed that fireball miracle was having problems hitting troops, I thought it might be the constant rain on the first map but then my creature used a fireball and it instantly killed a platoon.

Edit
Been testing some more and im fairly certain the corrupted saves only happen when I use admin mode.
The random crashes could be related to running out of memory perhaps? Obviously I have way more than I could possibly use but the game "detects" that I have 0 when using the diagnostic on the cd.

Edit
At the end of the first non-tutorial map now and the crashes get more frequent the further I get. Less than 5min apart now. I feel certain its a memory leak issue.
And... my quick save managed to get corrupted, with the last proper save prolly 2hrs ago.

Heres my problem, i can play fine, but it crashes to desktop every couple of minutes. i played th first as a kid and never got to play B&W2 until now. running windows 10, newest version. i have 1.1 and 1.2 official patches, as well as 1.3 fan patch. i have tried admin mode, no admin mode, every compatability mode the game will allow me to run. same result. the farthest i got was with vista service pack 2, i played 10 minutes without a crash. no warning, no error message, just *blip* gone, looking at my desktop. no triggers that i can tell, i could be ordering an attack, scrolling land, playing with my creature, doesnt matter, just randomly shuts down. if anyone can help, ill appreciate it forever

EDIT: i cant seem to be able to set the game to run just one core through my task manager, i can find the white system app, but nothing under processes

Back