Rain?

benevolentdemon

Is there supposed to be rain in this game, because sometimes I hear the sound of rain but I don't see it?

My specs:
ATI Radeon 9600
2.93 ghz processor
1012 gig of memory

Also I'm running the game on high detail.

There is rain but I find that it's not as noticable as in the original game. I'm using a 9700.

High detail isn't always high detail. One thing to try would be to go into the Black & White2/Data folder and look for a file called graphics.config. Open this up in Notepad (not Wordpad or Word), find your graphics card and take the settings up a notch.  Just to be safe, make a backup of the config file before making any changes.

OMG!  I bumped my video card setting like you told me to in the config and I bumped them up to all high.  When I started the game i saw a major difference, I could see rain!  Also I see more water textures, but most of all, I know I've heard about people saying their creatures had no fur and stuff and mine did, but it kind of looked like he was balding, so now when i looked at my creature it had like 4 feet long fur and I was shocked that that was what it was supposed to look like.  But, unfortunately, the game does run more choppy but not that bad, i mean before it ran smoothly and now it is just a tad less smooth, is there anything I can do to make it run back to smooth, I mean I do have the optiong to make my computer from 2.93 ghz to overclock to 3.20 ghz, would that make a difference?

Glad it worked. :)

Try the medium setting now, you still might be able to see most of it. If not there is a screen where you can adjust individial setting. Try turning some of those down.

Actually ive been playing it for awhile now and it seems more smooth now!  :)
But I don't know if this is a graphical problem but my wolf has a waist of about 10 inches, which is really small for a 15 foot tall animal, or is it just because hes this because I also see his ribs easily, if so, how do i force him to eat food?

the wolfs get like dat. they get really skinny if u keep on a samll diet. if u recognize the norse wolf , hes like dat. :D

benevolentdemon said:
Actually ive been playing it for awhile now and it seems more smooth now!  :)

That's something I've noticed myself when you first start playing. I think it's because the game doesn't cached all of the map details until you go to that area. So what I do is pause the game and do tour of the island.

how do i force him to eat food?

Put the leash on him, hover over a feild, click when it says "Get Grain", wait until he's picked it up hover over your creature until you see the "Eat" ballon, click and he will eat it.

bozzo442 said:
i dont often see rain in the game. i cant really remember it raining

From what I've seen of it the rain is pretty subtle, not like in B&W where you can see the drops hitting the ground.. The only thing I haven't seen yet is my creature's fur getting wet.

oh what happend to mud? i was trying to make mud but it never worked!?!?!?!?!? did they give up on that too? and what about foot prints? havent see em i dont think

When your creatures hair is wet, from rain or excesive water miricles is gets a droopy and if you pet it ally ( his head around his hair) it puffs  out  like your drying it with your hand.  :laugh2  Not that noticable but its true. I only truely noticed this with my pure nice lion, cause he has his big puffy mane.

lol yeah i got my lion wet yesterday he looks like a sad cat and he keeps moving around i like watching the water drip of him

Back