Quick Creature changer

Garlana

Any ideas on the best creature changing program? i am after one of the bears or the wolf(preferably the brown bear) but i remember encountering a bug on land 5 that messed my creatures height and alignment up for good! I also remember previously using a program called 'Kong' or something like that anyway which was good but at times the creatures mind would lose miracles i had previously taught it.

Someone did just submit a creature changer. Check the latest files listing in Our Downloads.

Certain versions of Kong supposedly had a bug in them. The memory lose thing should have been fixed with the patches.

Be careful with the unofficial methods of creature changing as some just swap the creature skins/mesh around and what you get is say a cow that looks like a tiger but still leaves hoof prints on the ground    :D
Kong is/was the best changer/editor  for short term creatures  but they seem/ed to go mad after about 20-30 saves.  But that dosn't matter for MP or map creatures  as you train them up to your idea of perfect and then just use the mind file as is  over and over again.

Kays said:
Someone did just submit a creature changer. Check the latest files listing in Our Downloads.

Certain versions of Kong supposedly had a bug in them. The memory lose thing should have been fixed with the patches.

That was me who uploaded it :p

I have downloaded the mentioned creature changer but from what i have noticed going from a more intelligent creature  to a less intelligent one loses a certain amount of % to each miracle. I was wondering if i could avoid this is i do the following:

1. Backup creatures mind
2. Change Creature using the tool
3. Save and exit
4. use my backup creature mind to replace existing one.

Would this work? if so where is my creatures mind located?

That is normal, the only way to not loose intelegence is to use the creature breeder. Can you get the unlockers to work?

What you're thinking of doing won't work since the creaturemind file also contains the creature type.

The simple way out is to stop and think is this creature going to be permanant or  just have to last until you have played through once.
A Konged creature should last you through the game once in SP.
But if you plan to play B&W for a long time in the skirmish , MP or play the main game through more than once it is best to  stick with the in game changes available I think 10 of 16 can be had on L1 anyway.

Though i have posted about this problem on the tech support (hasnt been replied to just yet) i guess its relevant here too; I cant seem to install the creature unlockers (leopard, mandrill etc) The installation windows closes down part way through and doesnt give detail of its completion i assume this is just because it is vista ( i have tried ran it as admin).

You can change the creature type through a command if you back up the mind rename it and...
CREATE_CREATURE_FROM_FILE("PLAYER_ONE", Creature Type, "Mind file", "Location")

CREATURE_TYPE_APE                              =  0 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_COW                              =  1 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_TIGER                            =  2 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_LEOPARD                          =  3 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_WOLF                              =  4 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_LION                              =  5 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_HORSE                            =  6 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_TORTOISE                          =  7 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_ZEBRA                            =  8 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_BEAR                              =  9 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_POLAR_BEAR                        =  10 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_SHEEP                            =  11 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_CHIMP                            =  12 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_OGRE                              =  13 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_MANDRILL                          =  14 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_RHINO                            =  15 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_GORILLA                          =  16 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_CHICKEN                          =  17 ,
    CREATURE_TYPE_CROCODILE                        =  18 ,

EXAMPLE:  CREATE_CREATURE_FROM_FILE("PLAYER_TWO", 6, "ComputerControlledCreature", "2557.58,1854.26")

Thanks for posting that. I keep forgeting about that method.

@ Garlana

You'll need to addd this to a skirmish map. I like to use the Survivor map since the script is very short.

First find your creature. Go to the Scripts\creaturemind folder, change the view to show details so you see the date and sort by date. Your creature will be to latest .erc file. It'll look something like this "C4b1ceb67.erc". Back it up (save a copy of it somewhere). Then in the example in the above post, change "PLAYER_TWO" to "PLAYER_ONE" and "ComputerControlledCreature' to the name of your creaturemind file. Also change the coordinates so it will spawn on the island. and add that to the map.

Then save the map with a new unique name and play it in skirmish mode.

Thanks alot for all of the Above and your time, much appreciated.

Have you tried it yet? I'd like to know if knowledge is lost when using this method.

Hello again, unfortunatly my computer skills are somewhat lacking on this, i have edited just the following line on the survivor map as mentioned:

CREATE_CREATURE_FROM_FILE("PLAYER_ONE", 3, "C4bf2c84c", "2611.00,2694.00")

I wanted to test out the leopard as the exe unlocker will not install for me! But i am getting no creature change i still have my ape :p.
I didn't edit the coordinates as i was unsure what to change them too. Any help would be appreciated on this, thanks.

CREATE_CREATURE_FROM_FILE("PLAYER_ONE", 3, "C4bf2c84c.erc", "2611.00,2694.00")

Garlana said:
Hello again, unfortunatly my computer skills are somewhat lacking on this, i have edited just the following line on the survivor map as mentioned:

CREATE_CREATURE_FROM_FILE("PLAYER_ONE", 3, "C4bf2c84c", "2611.00,2694.00")

I wanted to test out the leopard as the exe unlocker will not install for me! But i am getting no creature change i still have my ape :p.
I didn't edit the coordinates as i was unsure what to change them too. Any help would be appreciated on this, thanks.
Rename the file Creature Then try

CREATE_CREATURE_FROM_FILE("PLAYER_ONE",  3,  "Creature",  "2611.00,2694.00")

You need to add a space after the commas all of them

Considering this game is pretty much a thing of the past to most, you guys get back to these threads nice an quickly and for that i am very appreciative. I will test this out now.

Right, it works but because i moved from an Ape to a Leopard i got the relative % loss in all of my miracles. Unfortunatly this method seems no different to the creature changer.

I think that unless you get your creature form the creature breeder that there will be a loss of memory no matter what method is used.

@NecrotizingTiger

Thanks for that. It's nice to see that there still is someone who is familiar with B&W scripting. :)

I suppose the only thing i can really think of it terms of trying to use this script editing creature change idea to get a less intelligent creature without memory loss easily/early on would be to either:

1)
Choose the ape at the beginning and teach it every miracle you intend to use(in skirmish) as he is the quickest learner then complete the sheep quest for the sheep to be a useable creature on the first land. Now swap to the sheep as then you have transfered everything legitimately with no loss to a far less intelligent creature who is less intelligent than the following creatures:

Cow
Wolf
Lion
Horse
Turtle
Zebra
Chimp
Mandrill
Gorilla(i think they have the same intelligence according to the prima guide i still have ;p)

All the above can be changed to from being s sheep due to them all being as/more intelligent.

2)

Start the game as a tiger(lowest learning rate)
Complete the sheep quest to unlock the sheep and swap for it for the moment(doing this will keep your tiger on the first land)
Switch using the scripting change technique to the ape
Learn every miracle you intend to use
Go back to your tiger which should be where you swapped it for the sheep and swap your ape for it

Now you have a tiger the slowest learner with all the spells your ape has learnt which in turn allows you to change to any other creature using the script change without any loss due to it being less intelligent than all the other creatures.

There i gave my ideas across, i am sure you guys probably know all this anyway but if it helps just one person i will then be happy ;).

Back