profiles

Zebramage

hey everyone can someone help me with something?

I had to uninstall B&W1 but i saved my main character profile.  Now I have to put it back in but when i do, it doesn't show up on the players list in the options section in B&W.  Can someone help me please as I don't feel like having to retrain and reteach everything i made my creature learn.  kk thanks

With BW1 if you don't use BWBackup and backup it up properly, that's what happens.. :yes

But your creature is still safe. :)

Look in the Scripts\CreatureMind folder for a file which looks like "C4acef3a2.erc" If there are several the latest is your creature.

Getting him back is another thing. Check this FAQ under "Lost Creature"

http://www.bwfiles.com/faqs/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=127

also, which patch is it that let's you skip the beginning turtorial?  i haven't messed with this stuff for about a year lol can't remember half of it

That's the 1.10 patch. If you're using XP, I'd recomend using the 1.20 patch. It has the same features and is more tune for XP.

ok for some reason when I try to load B&W1 the computer freezes when the screen goes black (before it shoes the two screens (the white screen with black & white and the one after it)) am I going to have to uninstall B&W and reinstall it again cuz this is what made me have to do it the first time (when I started this topic) all that I did after I reinstalled it was play it a minute, then later, downloaded the horse and that patch I asked about and one of the Patrick maps and (i have NO idea why i did this next thing) put my main account (from before i had to first uninstall the game) in the backup file.  Now it keeps freezing >_< any help would be great =D

Maybe that profile is corrupt and is causing the  freezing.

Do you have an other profile?

If so download the profile selector and switch profiles. See if it loads then.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=196

what do you mean switch profiles? and i don't see how the profile is causing the freezing as B&W loaded just fine after i reinstalled it and placed my main profile in it...it was after i did all that stuff that it started freezing so could something have happened to the profile that fast? thanks for the help kays =D

Try closing your background applications, you might have installed something since you last played B&W which is conflicting with the game.
To do this try the following:

To do this click Start, then Run, then type MSCONFIG and click OK. From there click on the tab marked startup.
For Windows XP users click the button marked as Disable All, then click Apply and Close.
For Non Windows XP users, please remove the ticks from all of the boxes apart from the below four and then click Apply and close.
LoadPowerProfile
ScanRegistry
SystemTray
TaskMonitor
Once this has been done, please reboot the computer and then try the game again.

(Note: you might have turned off your anti Virus by doing this so you will need to turn it back on again).

Hope this has helped.

thanks but i'm just going to wait till i get a new computer. my mom is looking at them and so we should be getting one soon =D

Back