Possible solution to the 'creature doesn't think ahead' problem?

count_fuzzball

(BNW1)

So, it's well known that your creature won't think ahead (I.E if it's hungry, it won't create food for itself to eat).

So a solution to this that *might* work in theory (I haven't tested this myself):
1. Train Creature to cast miracle food in his pen.
2. Train Creature to cast miracle food when he's tired.
3. Train Creature to cast miracle food in his pen when he's tired (i.e he should be so exhausted from casting it once that he decides to go to sleep)*
4. Creature sleeps.
5. Creature wakes up.
6. Creature sees food and eats it.
7. ???
8. Profit!!!

Is my logic extremely flawed? I don't think that any of this is at all 'thinking ahead' for the creature, I mean, if we can get him to sleep at certain times, in certain places, kinda regularly, then it shouldn't be a problem to get him to cast miracles at certain times, in certain places?

Also, this is entirely theoretical and I haven't tested it myself.

In/ For most scenarios I prefer to  just  train  the creature  to  eat fish as his basic diet.
After  his  initial growth period  he has no need to return to his pen  and can sleep anywhere when he is tired. Going back to the  pen takes a lot of time and  energy that  can  be put to use elsewhere.
I find  nothing  wrong in handing  my creature food when it  works to my advantage.
By the  time  you get about  half way through the  main  game (time wise) the creature can't get back from "The Front Line" to the pen and  back again fast enough to be  of any use.
I find it  a real pain in the rr's if My creature has  to come  all the way back if  he gets killed let alone  sending him back double  the journey just to eat.
I realise that every body  plays there own way.
Some take days.
Some take weeks.
And  some never  finish.
I like to complete the game in  a session or  at worst a weekend if  I haven't  played for  a while.
This  is a report on how  I have done  it many times.
"Noooo not  that" completed  B&W.  :D

Back