Ok so, I used ExtremeGrowth but....

VaLiaNT

I started a new game with an Ape (i was looking for a intelligent creature to speed up learning miracles :3)

I followed the instructions in the read me, but ended to have a creature good only for sleeping, eating no stop and poo everywhere as supposed to do in that particular land.

Before trying to go for spank-o-matic fest knowing that changing a 7 year habit woul be harder than expected, shall i just restart and forget about the growth thing? Or someone know what to do? Please help this game is great but i don't want to be sick of it so early..

Speaking from personal experience, Apes can be a curse and a blessing when it comes to training.

True, they learn things very fast, but this also means they learn bad habits equally fast :( .

You can try a few things first before choosing a new creature.  I actually find it more rewarding to retrain a creature out of bad habits instead of starting with a blank creature.  It gives them more character in my opinion.

First, encourage the good behaviour, i.e. get him pooping on rocks (in the pen ideally), then slapping them silly for pooping on anything else.

As for eating, carefully slap him down by 10-20% every time he eats when he shouldn't.  It's best if you catch him just after he's picked up the food.  the game should say he's hungry, so by slapping him he'll be less hungry.  If he gets hungry at around 40-50%. that's OK in my opinion.  What may happen is that he'll stop eating properly altogether, but you can fix that easily enough.

If he's stopped eating on his own, you can start re-training him.  Get him to pick up some food and rub his belly 10%.  he should then eat the food.  Immediately reward him 40-50%.  He will then immediately go and eat another piece of the same type of food to eat.  This time only reward him 20-30% once he's eaten the food the second time.    If you have to repeat this again before he gets the message, only do it 10-20% on the first eating and 10% on the second.  Best to leave it at that. 

As for sleeping, this is a trickier one.  My advice here isn't as good.  Just slap him if he sleeps when he isn't that tired.

If you do pick a new Ape, might I advise you skip the tutorial.  The very first thing he should do after the introduction is finished is go to sleep in the pen at night.  If you reward him when he wakes up, he will have learned to sleep in the pen at night.  This is the most sure-fire way I know to get a creature to do this.

Of the three creature you can pick at the start (Ape, Cow, Tiger), this only seems to work for the Ape in my experience.

Hope that all helps.

Ok so, first thing i need to fix is the eating habit what he eat and at what % (i want it to be 40% ca)
So i will start to slap him carefully not over 20% till i discourage him to eat anything anytime, then i would like to make it eat grain and fish

Sleeping in the pen is not what i want, he is full grown so i don't bother i prefer he sleep everywhere he likes like if he was impressing a village then next to it.

I'll try hope it works btw i changed with a horse, i just don't like that fat ape lol he is more like a orange ball :p

Back