Ok... a little help

Xilven

Oh yeah, am I excited... After a while, and a bit of a wait - I've now got some more RAM, plenty to run my B&W2 game.

The only thing left is the Graphics card o_O'

Thanks to this nifty tool: www.crucial.com/uk

I know which cards should definately work with my system, but... I don't know which one is the best to run Black & White 2 on. I mean, I 'would' like to see all the fur and stuff - but even if I can get the game to run at all, that's fine with me. ^_^

My choices are: Radeon 9700, 9800 or Radeon x800 pro

Which one should i go for? Any suggestions?

I guess it's by trail and error at the end of the day, but I have to be careful... especially with picky parents.  :suspect  :;):

A novice's opinion, but from the list you gave there I imagine the higher the number (remember that "x" stands for 10), the better and more expensive the card :yes .

So, checking that handy file, the better card for my budget would be the ATI Radeon 9800. Less than Half the price of the Radeon x800, but only a tiny bit less graphics. Value for money me thinks?

I'd say it would depend on your system also. If it's only around 2.5 GHz then a X800 might be wasted on it.

The 9800 would be my recommendation. Followed by the 9700 ad 9600.

Unfortunely, I've not been able to find a performance comparison chart for all of the video cards lately.

Back