Ohh no

Nauge

It cant happen... Why is life so cruel.... I finally got the Bw2 collectors edition this afternoon, Installed fine but crashed when run. So i format my laptop and try it again and get the same error.

512mb ram
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
Radeon 9000 Graphics card

I dont understand why its not working, Im over the min specs for everything... I cant really upgrade seen that im using a laptop  :(

Im just hoping the patch will fix this problem  :shocked

i doubt specs had anything to do with this somewhat defying stunt bnw2 is pulling you could have issues with virus's,stacking problems and whatnot may i recommend (even though u have apparently formatted) a defragment and possibly tracking down and using system suite software its really good to fix registry clean up space defrag disk check and all that stuff.
If your religious may i suggest u get a exorcism on your laptop to? :laugh:

I'm not much into ATI cards, but here's what the box says for requirements:
ATI Radeon 8500, 9100, 9200 series or greater

Looks to me like they specifically bypassed the 9000 series you have. Or perhaps it's all related. Like I said I don't know - just a thought.

There was another thread where someone with a Radeon 9000 (not mobility) got it to work using Omega drivers.

Yes, Omega Drivers.  :yes

Just Found the thread and it was a mobility card.

http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=240.0

Oh yeah, that was me. I think the game registers a 9000 as something else though. I ended up losing grass and hair though, after I installed the omega drivers, So I did the thing to fix it that was posted on the BWgame boards. (graphics.config, changed the code to 2 0 2 for my card) But wait! My card isn't there! They completely bypassed the 9000 card. I couldn't figure out which one it was, through trial and error so I ended up changing ALL the cards to 2 0 2. One of them registered as my card though, because it worked  :)

As for white.exe crashing, make sure all virus protection programs are turned off. I had that problem at first. And do give the omega drivers a try...they worked for me!

Havent seen this topic since the day i started it, I am still having trouble with Bw2... I installed the omega drivers and all the other tricks the official board had.

I just have to wait till the next patch it seems, At least others are having the white.exe problem

Have you tried changing the setting in the graphics.config file. Or adding the 9000 to it since it isn't included.

Yea, Ive done that already. Doesn't help in this case though. Same error

try the diagnostic button on the game.

it should tell you if the gpu is compatible.

most like it is the graphics chip is a gma because laptops and low end motherboards has the graphics chip built onto the board.

ejonesss, I know you're trying to be helpful, however, I would like if you checked the date on a post before you reply to it. Take this topic, it's over 5 years old.
Bumping old threads isn't very useful and only causes confusion.

In the future, please avoid posting in a topic that is more than a month old.

Back