Of Gods and Mortals

Great to hear from you Daxter :) I hadn't realized you were still updating the ModDB page, seems like there's a lot of following still. I'm glad you've released all the source files. :>

Yeah, without Kayssplace, there wasn't really any official page that I could use to fully realize the mod to use as my own. I'm also surprised how kind and patient people have been during all the downtime and development time I spent, in fact, I've had a fair increase of followers recently, since announcing going Open Source.

Also I'm not sure if you saw, but I recently found the original BW2 scripts, including scripts for epic cinematics: https://github.com/openblack/bw2-modding/tree/master/lhvm/scripts

I know you wrote your own, but these could be useful to fill in any missing parts you might've missed from their original behaviour.

We also have a pretty active Discord if you're on that: https://discord.gg/u4q7fSs

Yeah, I took some time to look at all the original scripts, I'm impressed you managed to finally decode those buggers, there is a ridiculous amount of cool stuff Lionhead kept from us that could've made map making so much easier.

I probably wouldn't try take any leftover things to use in those epic scripts since the idea was to try and replicate them as close as possible, but since we have the originals now, it's not really necessary. :)

For the moment, I want to keep an eye out for how Open Source goes, a couple of people messaged me about some of those original systems I created, so perhaps it might give me the boost needed to revisit them. The one I'm most interested in completing is the scaffolding script, I'm very happy with how it turned out since again I wanted to replicated a system BnW1 used so fondly as it's core game system.

I'm still sure some people hate the toolbar and wanted some alternative, so I'm hoping this could be a start.

Updated the First post of this thread in case new people come through here and want to know more about OGaM's status.

Woot, I only check here every once in a while.. like once in 3 months. Great to hear from you again Daxter!
Also Handsome Matt great to know there's an active Discord, added it immediately. :D

Time to look into the open source version. Curious to see what the future might bring.
Cheers!

Welcome back, thanks for checking out this site again, even if its every 3 months. :)

I do want to exercise some caution when installing open source files, since it contains a lot of unfinished scripts, your game "might" crash. This is specifically aimed at scaffolding and the god AI, since I didn't manage to fully fix them before open-source release.

But feel free to try them out still, would love some feedback on them, still unsure as whether to finish them in my spare time since I have access to a working copy of Black and White 2.

Back