Of Gods and Mortals

Hello everyone, I'm so sorry that it looked like I randomly vanished. Something very serious came up in my life that put me out of contact across all media that I can access. I probably won't go into detail on that, the bright side it that it has all passed.

I hope everyone else is doing okay. It shouldn't take me long to get back up to speed and release this danged alpha that I promised months ago. Look out for it ASAP.  :)

Alkatraz2212 said:
My my my. Isn't this a blast from the past as well.

Fear not, kids. Dax disappeared for quite some time a while back, but then resurfaced. I myself am an old man as far as this forum goes (although many are much older than me!) and I remember the earliest days of OGaM.

Dax, hit me up if you ever wanna chat again. It's been a while, man.

Good to hear from you again, hope life is bringing opportunities for you.  :)

While on topic, I was thinking up some new ideas that I can apply to the current systems too. I'm very new to the use of arrays in the scripting language, but with some time, I should be able to make both the God AI and Scaffolding system, easier to use with arrays, allowing multiple scaffolds at once and perhaps allowing the God AI to evolve a little and perform actions on multiple objects at once rather than going through a cycle and skipping new objects until the next cycle.

We'll see how it goes  :)

Hi ! I'm surprised nobody answered ! I have just discovered about your project (thanks to FunniestMonkey  for mentioning it !)
Is there an official blog or website, Facebook for the update ?

Looking forward for this !

Eurofutur said:
Hi ! I'm surprised nobody answered ! I have just discovered about your project (thanks to FunniestMonkey  for mentioning it !)
Is there an official blog or website, Facebook for the update ?

Looking forward for this !

thanks to him too for mentioning it!

No, I don't have any facebook page or website for the game right now, but it's a plan in the future when I'm happy with how each system runs.

Thanks for hanging in there, shouldn't be much longer.  :)

Hey :) im new to this board and to OGAM.

I just downloaded the latest update and i want to know if there is a way to play it online with a friend, or do i have to wait till the alpha will be released? :)

Greets Terrorfussel

Terrorfussel said:
Hey :) im new to this board and to OGAM.

I just downloaded the latest update and i want to know if there is a way to play it online with a friend, or do i have to wait till the alpha will be released? :)

Greets Terrorfussel

I'm afraid not, OGaM is constrained to the offline mode/single player that Black and White 2 was developed for. I would advise caution when using those releases too because they are terribly out of date and won't live up to the full experience that's expected.

Be patient and wait for the release of the alpha if you're keen.  :)

Daxter! I'm happy to see you're still alive! :D And by that I don't necessary mean for your project but for yourself, I was a little bit afraid something terrible happened to you. I hope you're doing well. :)
Oh and no need to feel sorry, I think most people will understand that something can happen in life. Peace.

Just throwing this out there, but is this mod abandoned ? Sorry if this counts as necro'ing, but it popped into my mind the other day and though I'd ask.

I have not heard from Daxter in a very long time, his last activity was in 2015 on Kayssplace. I doubt he even knows this site exists as a copy of it.

Funny these comments were just posted 8 hours before this one I am posting now. I too was trying to find out if there has been any work on this mod. So is kayssplace called BWFiles now, or is it just a mirror? I was thinking of searching for an email and that Daxter may hopefully still check it.

Lisaxaphona said:
Funny these comments were just posted 8 hours before this one I am posting now. I too was trying to find out if there has been any work on this mod. So is kayssplace called BWFiles now, or is it just a mirror? I was thinking of searching for an email and that Daxter may hopefully still check it.

So Kayssplace eventually broke as it had been unmaintained for 10+ years - I took an archive of everything, all downloads, all forum posts, all members etc.. and rehosted it here. For a while I setup a redirect from Kayssplace to here - but as of March someone purchased the domain and now hosts a shady malware site on it. :/

I actually had tried going to that site, and immediately got one of those popups where your phone vibrates like crazy and says you ha e a virus. Thank you for letting me know though, I won't be trying it again. That is unfortunate someone took the domain, there are many sites and old blogs that refer to it. One of my searches did have a screen shot of this sites home page, so I figured I was in the right spot.
That is awesome that you did all that to keep those files alive, it must have been extremely tedious and taken quite some time. I actually found this site a few months back because I had the urge to play again, I downloaded BnW2 (will be playing BnW1 after, saving the best for last.) I mounted it on a virtual drive with a new windows 10 laptop so I ran into that damn SafeDisc administrator privileges error, honestly I felt so sad and defeated because I was so looking forward to playing. But anyways, after a few hours I found your patches/updates and I was finally able to play, so THANK YOU for that!
This seems like a great site, and I am excited to explore more of it. I've only known one person my entire life that had played this game, so its nice to meet others who love it as much as I do. I haven't played either one in over 10 years, and I am very happy- thanks to you, to be playing it again.
I apologize for the lengthy tangent, but I recognized you as the poster for the patches and wanted to express my gratitude.

Hello. Been a couple of years lol, sorry about that. I've just realized Kayssplace downfall and this site being it's replacement so that's unfortunate.

I just wanted to bring to attention everyone regarding OGaM's status after so long so bear with me through this post.

First of all, I want to apologize once again for the cut-off of communication in the last 2 years, with life going on and the age of the game ever growing, it's been difficult to maintain 100% focus on OGaM and implementing it's many systems that I had planned for a long time. With this revelation, I think it's time to announce a big change to the game.

I thought about this a lot considering BW2 has been released for 12 years now, but since I am only 1 person on such an ambitious project with all the promises and wanting to re-create the essence of the original game, I'm not sure I can continue. In light of this decision, I've decided to take OGaM in a new direction by scrapping the story I had planned and instead opening OGaM up to become Open-Source.

What this means for everyone is that I will sometime upload all the scripts that I had created, modified and implemented for OGaM to give the community a chance to look over, learn and modify it to better move forward. I still would love to bring this functionality to black and white 2 with hope that multiplayer may still be a reality one day. There will be a few minor rules to abide by when modifying OGaM's systems but nothing too restrictive that you still can be a contributor.

If anyone has any thoughts, comments, complaints or praise about this change in direction, I'd love to hear them here or you can email me Corainarn@hotmail.com.

Holy sugar it's Daxter, good to see you buddy.

I made some break throughs with Black & White 2 Modding in your downtime: https://github.com/HandsomeMatt/bw2-modding - I documented a lot of the file formats in the game including the CHL files and models, as well as got all the original scripts for the base game here: https://github.com/HandsomeMatt/bw2-modding/tree/master/lhvm/scripts which could be of some interest to you.

I found a few other things out such as how to compile map chls for BOTG etc.. You should join the Discord and we can discuss it there, or email me or PM me or whatever.

That's awesome, I was keeping an eye on your modding site when you first brought it up about documentation. They should come in handy for anyone interested in scripting, especially the epic miracles, I just could never get the camera work right.

Unforuntately, I havent touched BW2 for so long that I might not even understand how to script right now :p

Holy merry crap!! It's Daxter! :shocked :woot :yourock:

You must be an early Christmas present, I hope everything is ok. I never expected to see you back again haha.
Cheers! :laugh:

Beyond delighted to see that OGAM may yet see the light of day. Its the Holy Grail of B&W2 mods. PSYCHED !!!!!

Hey guys, thanks for the kind comments :)

Sorry again for disappearing, seems like my thing. Here's hoping I can clean up the scripts to become usable outside of the OGaM testing environment. I know I've released older versions of the God AI, but people did report problems with using it.

I'm interested to see how people play around with the Scaffolding system I've developed for BnW2 and see if improvements can be made to it and the other scripts through community contributions. A little late to the party, but we'll see.

Also please note when they do become available, they should only be used in custom lands just because of fear of messing with the original game's scripts, although you are welcome to try though I don't recommend it. I know Matt managed to decompile those land scripts so it may be possible to re-pack them with custom scripts.

Hey ladies and gents, once again I'm here to make a quick post to say I'm still alive and doing well, as usual, I've not had any time at all to develop OGaM, but anyone that still reads the site, I want to let you know over on moddb, I'll be uploading the Open Source data of "Of Gods and Mortals" in it's current state.

Unfortunately, I do not possess the current skill set to help people figure out how to make it work properly, but it's a start. I've included everything to ensure it does load up in-game from the bink files, to the terrain and load screen. Also included are the raw uncompiled OGaM developed scripts including the larger ones, God AI and Scaffolding. Enjoy! :)

https://www.moddb.com/mods/of-gods-and-mortals

Back