Of Gods and Mortals

Daxter_06

OGaMLogo_zps5c0d7d42.jpg

Current Game Version: Open Source v1.0

If you wish to contribute to OGaM's systems, please visit:
- https://github.com/Coranarn/OGaM-OS

For Black and White 2's script source code alternatively, you can go to HandsomeMatt's project page here:
- https://github.com/openblack/bw2-modding/tree/master/lhvm/scripts

ModDB Page:
- https://www.moddb.com/mods/of-gods-and-mortals

Please note, since OGaM is now Open-Source, there may no longer be story, additional landscaping and the presence of Narrative and Voice Acting elements, and please do not ask for skirmish modes or multiplayer.

Thankyou and have a great day!

First post of the most epic thread ever.  :D

Also I have a new avatar. ^_^

On a more informal note, work can begin as soon as I get a new copy of Black and White 2, hopefully in a week or so.

Blacky : YEAH!! Cool boss, now we will have new things to kill... new thing from the other side... :devil

Whitey : No leader, you know that is wrong, that people worship us...

EDIT: i want to know where can i learn how to learn more of scripting... its just that the area in the site didn't helped too much

Good thing I didn't decide to sell my copy of B&W2. I was actually thinking about it but then I started thinking about OGAM, wondering if it ever picked up, I couldn't be a member of the team anymore, so I kept it around.

If anyone is interested in doing some voice acting, make up an audition clip, and e-mail to me. We won't have use for your talent soon, but when we do, I'll have a strong database to pick from. Just don't run away from Kayssplace after you send the clip.

My e-mail should be found in my profile if you're interested, please use the gmail one. Thanks.

Daxter said:
First post of the most epic thread ever.  :D

Also I have a new avatar. ^_^

On a more informal note, work can begin as soon as I get a new copy of Black and White 2, hopefully in a week or so.

what about  make a security copy after buying the game? in any case of corruption you will still have the copy

Phase 1 Testing - Ships

What needs to be done?
  • Scripting Needs to be done for basic controls.
  • Platoon transportation needs to be complete.
  • Implementation of God AI for use with ships.

Community Involvement:
  • Extensive testing of the feature
  • Report bugs or odd actions
  • Comment, suggest and input

Other things to happen during Testing Phase 1:
  • OGaM Team to start receiving pre-event duties for upcoming test phases
  • Documentation on the changes, bugs etc for other features

Questions & Comments:
  • Post in this thread.
  • Lodge a comment in the relevant board at the OGaM Forums.

When does Phase 1 start?
TBA

Note: OGaM Team will receive duties in a new private forum I will add to the OGaM Forums soon.
Note2: If you are part of the OGaM Team and haven't registered at OGaM Forums or Mobbd website, please do so. I'll be sure to give you moderation priviledges.

Thanks![br][br]Added: [time]1278284689[/time]The Roles of the OGaM Team!
  • Scripter
  • Landscaper
  • Community Liaison (OCL)
  • Voice Actor

If you would like to apply for any of these roles, please send me a private message here or at the OGaM Forums. You can click on my sig to get there.

Thanks.  :)

Hey dax,  how is it going? I would be glad to say that your team is not much smaller than Infinity Ward when they made Modern Warfare 2, they were like that 30 people. So if they did THAT you guys can do THIS. I believe it.

I can tell you that I have not disappeared, just a lot harder than I thought to get a new copy of BnW2 or get some money together to even try. Hold tight though.

Hope you guys can do it  :)

And, if you want, i can translate it to portuguese, I'm brazilian, and actually im translating Amnesia: The Dark Descent  :laugh2

and im stll trying to learn scripting, but it is hard as hell...

Alrighty then, I've been up to something these past few weeks that I will need to go over with Al when I next see him here. It involves re-doing the game's intro and while my focus is still on the testing phases, starting with the ships which in fact has come along beautifully, I've also turned my attention to a few smaller things that can allow the rest of the team to step in and do their part.  :)

Send me a PM if you see this post Al and we can talk further.

As I stated in my previous post, I was working on a brand new intro, combining both storytelling and action early on. At last I finally got my new copy of BnW2 and it's working beautifully, with all the spare time I have acquired on various nights, Im happy to say, development is at last coming back.  :D

And now for a spoiler to the intro...

As we start the game, the player is brought into a vision of the future, two villagers meeting up secretly under the goddess' nose (if she has one <.<), talkin bout the greek god and about what she has done in their absence. Little do they know, they are about to come face to face with her. Shortly after their conversation, the two villagers stare up at the sky as the ground begins to shake, the sky turns the color of blood and a glimpse of what appears to be her hand, appears. Wrought with anger and lust, the goddess begins to bring down her wrath upon the villagers of this land. Slowly they bind themselves to her will. We leave the land of the future, watchin it burn up to see the player awake to such a horrid vision. The game then begins.

After the intro, the player is met by the prophet, the main character and follower in this game who will take over the role of the good and evil guy (since unfortunately, we can't access the voice actors to do new dialogue etc). The prophet lays on the player their future and sets a many goals that only a god can perform, shortly after, the cinematic ends and the player is given control of their self.

*Reads Spoiler*.

Me likely.  If this ever gets fully done, I'll have to see about re-installing B&W2 on the dreaded Vista.

Sounds pretty swell.

One thing: I'm pretty sure that the consciences were one voice actour, which is actually pretty neat if you think about it. Not that it matters, but a neat bit of trivia.

Okapidragon said:
One thing: I'm pretty sure that the consciences were one voice actour, which is actually pretty neat if you think about it. Not that it matters, but a neat bit of trivia.

Indeed they were one actor. I can't find it now, but I remember seeing a video, or hearing some sound clip of the actor talking in goodie's voice, and then slowly morphing into blackie's voice.

hells yea, did a pretty good job at it too. I wouldn't comprehend how sore his voice would be after doin 2 distinct actors so many times.

Alkatraz2212 said:
Indeed they were one actor. I can't find it now, but I remember seeing a video, or hearing some sound clip of the actor talking in goodie's voice, and then slowly morphing into blackie's voice.

I remember that one too.  That was a soundfile at the Lionhead Studios website, I think.  That, or at the voice actor's personal site...

I'd be thrilled to do voiceover for the wrathful goddess, when the time comes.  This winter I could probably go over to my aunt and uncle's recording studio in Toronto.  And I've got a rocking monologue for the goddess, too.

cool. I'm leaving to Al, so he can organize the dialogue to be sent through, but as far as the intro is going, it's progressing nicely. I will release a sneak peak preview video of it whenever the voice overs are put in and I can add more action.

I can certainly do any voice acting, if I ever get a decent mic and not this PoS on my webcam. :p Acting and intonation are my specialties, as far as actually physically doing things.

Which reminds me, with the lack of mic: It sucks being poor.

Great.  :)

Taking no chances, or shortcuts on this game. I want it to be as thorough and enjoyable as I hoped and with the dialogue + voice merging, it should pull off quite well.

The one thing I do love about the new intro is the player gets an early peek at 3rd person pov of themselves which is something that will be used throughout the game's story telling, so look out for that one.  :)

Back