Of Gods and Mortals

FunniestMonkey said:
Great to hear! Now you'll be able to wow even more! Great stuff  :laugh2

Should be a lot of fun. Also decided to go back to an older logo of OGaM inspired by an early trailer of the game, just to avoid any sort of copyright claims youtube might pick up at some point for the re-use of the Black and White 2 hand logo.

OGaMLogo_zps5c0d7d42.jpg

I actually like this logo better, It looks more original and less like something that was copy pasted or photoshopped.

It's also easier (for me anyway) to read. Light text on a dark background doesn't make the eyes wander off the text and less strain.

Of Gods and Mortals - Alpha v0.06

[youtube]EU2q3guqAxw[/youtube]

Scaffold Update:
  • Town Creation is now apart of the Scaffolding System
  • Script has been cleaned up and crashing no longer occurs
  • Scaffold created towns are not standalone and only extend your main town's border (for the moment)

Looking good.

Just a tiny thing that's nagging me.  I can't quite remember how they worked originally, but I'm curious to know if you need to do anything special regarding the building of Skyscrapers or is it that you can just drag them upward to the level you want them to go to?

I imagine the first building for skyscrapers would be a scaffold and from there, you could just use the vanilla game's mechanics to drag and drop additional levels. Although, that'd be pretty cool to see a bunch of skyscraper buildings appear as you drag out. :p

So you won't change that feature about them? I always found the skyscraper stacking a major dilemma but maybe that's just me  ???

Regardless, as always, it's all looking incredible! Even though it's very little done so far, it's showing more promise as it keeps walking along the path to completion  :yes

Keep going!

It's probably impossible/very difficult to change how the skyscrapers are constructed, since I'd wager that it's hard-wired into the game.

Nothing major to report right now. Just fine tuning and adding in the remaining civic buildings to the scaffold system and beginning to explore skyscraper functionality (if possible).  :)

Hello!

To keep up with the current demand of hard drive space (yea, stone age me still has a 500gb HDD in an i7 built PC :p) in order to continue adding new content to OGaM as well as the use of after effects to create update videos, I'm gonna be putting my development on hold for a week or so, so I can purchase and install the equipment necessary to continue. Hopefully this short brief will explain any lack of updates over the next week if it comes to that.

Cheers  :)

not too sure where to post this, but my toolkit is getting there; I got challenge files, and now models will come soon enough:

RV7BhIp.png

That's fantastic Matt - you must be the first person to get this far with BW2 models. Should it be possible to import models eventually?

Yes, that's looking good so far dude. I feel like this is quite an accomplishment and look forward to see if it works out since models for this game can be quite a handful to figure out with all the bits and pieces that go with it.

You can use this thread as well if you like for those updates.  :)

Not necessarily, I did mention earlier that I was upgrading some hardware for development and as predicted, it took just over a week.

Here's the bare truth about the current stage.

I've been experiencing issues with the skyscraper scaffold, so I'm most likely going to have to scrap it as an addition to that system. It's rather unfortunate because like the altar, the skyscraper abodes are multi-structures that cannot be easily manipulated through script without some side-effect.

Most likely the next planned thing will be the belief system, have a look at this and plan out how it should work. This stage of development is most likely the longest due to it being a new system for the game, so I apologize if updates are a little slower for the time being.

Back