Of Gods and Mortals

I e-mailed you about voice acting, right? I'm still interested too. :)

Voice acting is still open and auditions for the goddess  and prophet are now open. Send your applications to Alkatrazz or myself. There is no template so feel free to add important details.

The only thing asked for is to read the following lines for the parts you wish to play. Extra credit will be given to people who take on minority roles, such as the villagers in the intro etc.

Code:
Of Gods and Mortals

Dialogue for Introduction - Land 1

Opening Cinematic

Villager1 (Actor 1): We shouldn't be talking with the goddess lurking about.

Villager2 (Actor 2): But everyone is living with fear, she's destroyed everything and worse..."

Villager2 (Actor 2): The Greek God's Hand has been forced, all could be lost!

Villager1 (Actor 1): At least we are safe here, we will always be watched over by the greek...

Villager 1 & 2: That sound...what's that up there?

Villager 1 & 2: No...NO, she can't be here, not now!!

Goddess: hahahaha, here at last. To prey on the unsuspecting mortals, those who follow the greek god.

Goddess: Feel...my...wrath!!

Goddess: Rise up my miracles of mother earth, tear the world apart. Make it burn.

Goddess: Amusing. Just like slaughtering mice, soon the world will be rid of that pest of a god.

Goddess: Soon, the world will come to see my beauty.

Goddess: And finally. One. Last. Trick.

Goddess: Farewell, land of the greek god. Hahahahaha!

Prophet: Holy one...

Prophet: Holy one...wake up!

Once recorded, please package up and send to Al for the final decisions, I will add your sample into the game and see how it works and get back to you.

Good luck.  :)

For all interested, please send samples to: phill.kelner@gmail.com

Thanks in advance to all applicants!

Umm, are alternate "Goddess Opening Dialogues" okay to send in?  I've got a nice script written.  I'll spoiler it for now:

Goddess (overhearing mortals speaking of a new god):  [laughs gently] Little mortals. Did you not think me omniscient in my realms?  I know what you speak of, what you think.  Your insolence angers me, and I have been far too compassionate for much too long.  How dare you defy me?  How dare you worship another?!  Heretics!! Blasphemers!!!

Human(s):  But, goddess!

Goddess: Lies! You will all pay for your blasphemy!!  You question my power, my wrath?!  Then see it for yourself! I call upon the powers of the earth, heavens, sea, and sun.  Let destruction assail all who doubt my supremacy.  Let fire rain down upon your puny cities and villages!  Let the earth rend your feeble dwellings apart.  What I do not destroy myself, I will send my creature to do on my behalf.  Mark my words, unbelievers: You have not seen the last of me.

I erased the VO notes, as they're distracting for just reading...  I'll send an audition in too.

Please note, the role of the goddess has been filled. Jess has agreed. Also note, the role of the prophet has been filled, pending agreement from Gallop.

Roles still open: Villager 1 & Villager 2.

I'm sending an audition in soon, but I'm really under the weather right now.  I'm still up for the job, though...

EDIT Oct. 3rd:  File sent in to Alkatraz.  Sorry for the delay, everyone.

Excellent.  :)

This is still early stages for the intro so Im open to any changes to dialogue. Roles for the goddess and prophet are major and you will be needed throughout the whole game so give it your best.[br][br]Added: [time]Fri Oct  1 15:09:48 2010[/time]To top this all off, I have also created an installation executable that will add all the necessary files for OGaM into your respective BnW2 folder and it's subfolders. Easy install.  :)

Update: I have added temporary dialogue files to the intro and it indeed does look a lot better. Whenever the assigned people are ready, feel free to send all current voice over dialogue and I will get it into the game asap. If you have your own dialogue you wish to read, feel free to do so and I can edit the games files to add the new dialogue. Before I continue on with the intro, I would like to get this dialogue in, so I can work from there.

And do not worry, as I have said, feel free to express yourselves, I'm working maturely and professionally on this so I will not make fun of your attempts. Hope to hear from everyone soon.  :)

Sounds good.  Not quite sure what else needs to be sent in.  If I can get some story background, I could start writing out scripts.  If necessary.  What all needs to be worked on or changed?

The outline of the story is on the first page of this thread.  :)

The next thing to do is to push ahead with the intro cinematic with dialogue direction and some interactive camera action.

Spoiler:

The prophet will fill the player in on current events and suspicions. At the end of the prophet's dialogue, the goddess appears and tells the player about what is to be done next. The goddess then opens up a portal and with a sly grin, disappears through it, closing behind her. The great thing about the next parts is that with the prophet guiding you, each time you mouse over a tutorial scroll, the prophet gives a brief summary of the objective, followed by more dialogue in the opening cinematic of these objectives.

I hope you are ready for this gallop cause there's a lot of voice dialogue to be done.  :p

Do you need any more dialogue from me currently? You can PM or e-mail me any scripts and I'll do my best voice acting. :D

Likewise with me.  Feel free to PM or email me some ideas you have for scripts.  Once I have a general idea of what is needed, I can begin from there.  I'm not too familiar with what kind of quests and objectives have been/will be implemented in OGaM, so I'll need some filling in on all that.  Synopses on quests/objectives would be very beneficial for writing dialogues.

I'm ready, and really really looking forward to working on this!  OGaM Team member, woot!  :woot

EDIT:  Quick script I wrote.  Not sure if that's how it'll go in the storyline/cinematic, but I can always tweak it.  How's it for a starting point?

Prophet:  Greetings, Holy One.  It’s good to see you.  Terrible news down here, though.  The Goddess overheard some of her followers talking about you, and she’s gone on a rampage!  She’s destroyed several cities, including your own, and has vowed to return.  Your followers are terrified!  You have to put a stop this!  Uh, not that I’m ordering you around...  Anyway, I’m here to help whenever you need it!

Ok I guess I should outline the details of the new development phases of OGaM.

OGaM will be divided into 2 versions.

Core Game:

The Core Game will be considered the final product. Whenever we complete something, it will be added to the Core Game. Please note that a limited number of releases will be given to the general public, like most games of nowadays, the intention of making a game seem a lot greater and more surprising is by minimising the amount of spoilers. I will be enforcing this once game development has entered a significant stage.

The In-House Game:

This version of the game will consist of elements for the developers. Placeholder text, objects and random stuff that will make the actual game look silly will be in this version so that we may finalise each stage before adding to the core game.

The God AI

Whilst the general AI may seem to suit a more general role in the game, the main protagonist and the other gods in the game will be associated with their own god AI. If you are selected to do the voice acting for these gods (apart from the goddess, hers has been determined), this will be your chance to personalize that god to suit your own personality.

E.g. If you are a cheerful laid back person who likes to make mischief, then expect your godly counterpart to act in a similar manner.

This sort of thing will make you a unique asset to OGaM. It will give the person behind the god a sense of meaning, enabling them to play and say "Hey, that was my role and defines me all over" and feel good about it.

A Demo??

Remember me speaking of a DEMO Game back in 2007 (yes, a long time ago) and it never made it, well....it will be coming soon. I will not be making a release date but I can assure it will be released sometime in 2011. The Demo Game will also be the last time OGaM releases will be public before I enforce the No Game Spoiler rule. Sorry ladies and gents.  :D

But don't fret, expect the Demo Game to be epic.  :)

Daxter said:
Ok I guess I should outline the details of the new development phases of OGaM.

OGaM will be divided into 2 versions.

Core Game:

The Core Game will be considered the final product. Whenever we complete something, it will be added to the Core Game. Please note that a limited number of releases will be given to the general public, like most games of nowadays, the intention of making a game seem a lot greater and more surprising is by minimising the amount of spoilers. I will be enforcing this once game development has entered a significant stage.

The In-House Game:

This version of the game will consist of elements for the developers. Placeholder text, objects and random stuff that will make the actual game look silly will be in this version so that we may finalise each stage before adding to the core game.

The God AI

Whilst the general AI may seem to suit a more general role in the game, the main protagonist and the other gods in the game will be associated with their own god AI. If you are selected to do the voice acting for these gods (apart from the goddess, hers has been determined), this will be your chance to personalize that god to suit your own personality.

E.g. If you are a cheerful laid back person who likes to make mischief, then expect your godly counterpart to act in a similar manner.

This sort of thing will make you a unique asset to OGaM. It will give the person behind the god a sense of meaning, enabling them to play and say "Hey, that was my role and defines me all over" and feel good about it.

A Demo??

Remember me speaking of a DEMO Game back in 2007 (yes, a long time ago) and it never made it, well....it will be coming soon. I will not be making a release date but I can assure it will be released sometime in 2011. The Demo Game will also be the last time OGaM releases will be public before I enforce the No Game Spoiler rule. Sorry ladies and gents.  :D

But don't fret, expect the Demo Game to be epic.  :)

OMG! A demo! Cool. Good job Dax =) ask for help to markus persson, the creator of Minecraft(I'm playing it right now) maybe he helps you (just kidding, if you do it the chances of him helping you are of 1/10.000). Really, I would like to donate to you, but I'm not +18

The clip is in the out takes collection.
I seem to remember uplaoding it here some time ago.
OK so I checked I didn't it was the Missionary songs instead.
Probably due to the same reason someone  mentioned or asked for them.
Anyway if  you want  the  sound clip no problem. Just a shame there are no attachments here  any more.
With Kays  away ..... I will  provide a link  by PM and  upload it  to my private  area so you can get it.

I got a great, great update to make here about the intro. She's looking fantastic, the dialogue/music mix is in there, the timing is starting to work and the progression is doing as well. At the moment, the dialogue of the goddess, acted by our very own newest talent, Jess can be heard. I will talk to you soon about getting the okay that you are comfortable with me releasing a sneak preview of this intro otherwise it's looking wonderful.  :D

More to come soon.  :)

You better get it finished  soon or there will be nobody left..
From the sites I have been on  less than 10 active members with more  than 10 all time posts each in the last 2weeks world wide  in the 5  languages I can post in. This excludes my posts.
Today the only other  poster here has  about 5  as his all time  total.
No new posts on the other  main English forums or the  other language  forums  I do " in the daily rounds".
But then the other older forums I  am on are also quiet.

Yes I know, I'm trying my best to get as much done as I can. You would think after 3 years people would lose interest in BnW2 and I don't blame them.

Anyway, as promised here is the sneak peek of the new intro. Still has a lot of work but it's coming together.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IR_c6UZZbM[/youtube]

Enjoy.  :)

Back