o_o Is there any documentation for the challenge language thing?

Jaden

Elder
Yeah... I can't find any.  Anywhere.  And I could've sworn there was some.

(Note that I forget the name of it, but it's the scripting editor language that the BWDevNet... whatever thing released)

The scripting tools are located here

If there's no documentation there, it was located at BWGarage. Which unfortunately has been closed for some time now.

You could possibly use the documentation from the BW2 modding tools and try to weed out the BW2 stuff.

... ;_;  Okay, well is the language the same as in BW2?  Because if not the only way I can really learn is to look at the files installed with it, which would take forever to get a little bit.  Blah.

I just check what we have and it's only the compliler and the command line file.

Do you have more than that?

I have a bunch of text files that have what I'm guessing is example code (for example, a Hello World thing)

Could you submit them to me? I'm curious to see what's in them.

You do know that those tools are for CI only?

Yep.

And I think they came with the installer that is here... it installed things to these places:
\Black & White\Work
\Black & White\Scripts\CreatureIsles (where the files I think are examples or headers are)
and maybe more directories, but I'm not sure.  If you install it but it's not in the second place I could send them ><

Ah, that's what it is.. I don't have CI installed. :rolleyes.

Yes, could you send those to me.

k.

... via the site?  Or through email or what? XD

Done.

Stupid question... but why'd you have me send them if you don't have CI installed? :0

So I can look at them to see what they are. :)

I got them.  What they are is a series of sample scripts. Some of it is quite similar to the BW2 scripting.

Dang, I'm going to have to find my CI Cd now so I can play around with it a bit.

XD

I only installed it so I could make a RockMother (I think that's what it was called) ripoff script.  So I could click a stone and it'd generate people.

... but I wanted to improve it.  I can't even get it to compile yet o_O

Back