No influence around tempes?

Zombie Ape

Hi I'm using Plonkerfish's Creature isle as a skirmish map thing and I'm making a four player skirmish game but two problems at the moment:

1. No influence around temples
2. My creature and enemy creatures can move ( I think this it related do with the 1st problem)

Please help me.

Thanks

I fixed first problem now its just the second problem.

Ah, I can field this one.  I was one of the few who tried making a playable map with that land (I believe it's still in the downloads section - click here).  Trouble is it only works when playing Skirmish mode with the Creature Isle disc.  It won't work properly in the normal B&W and will display the exact symtoms you described, i.e. creatures can't move, no influence, etc.  It seems the ".lnd" itself (which we can't change) is causing this and not anything the the script file you write for it.

In addition to the above problems, while you can script buildings and villages to be in new locations compared to what was in the original CI land, you won't be able to place new buildings in some of those locations while playing the map due to something in the ".lnd" file that I was never able to find  :no .

Works like a charm in using the CI disc though (except for that last bit I mentioned).  Try developing you map there if you want :;): .

I am curious though, how did you fix the influence problem ??? ?

fenton_pat said:
Ah, I can field this one.  I was one of the few who tried making a playable map with that land (I believe it's still in the downloads section - click here).  Trouble is it only works when playing Skirmish mode with the Creature Isle disc.  It won't work properly in the normal B&W and will display the exact symtoms you described, i.e. creatures can't move, no influence, etc.  It seems the ".lnd" itself (which we can't change) is causing this and not anything the the script file you write for it.

In addition to the above problems, while you can script buildings and villages to be in new locations compared to what was in the original CI land, you won't be able to place new buildings in some of those locations while playing the map due to something in the ".lnd" file that I was never able to find  :no .

Works like a charm in using the CI disc though (except for that last bit I mentioned).  Try developing you map there if you want :;): .

I am curious though, how did you fix the influence problem ??? ?

I either deleted the player_influence part and the number and made it again with bWexpress map editor or changed the number manually. I also found that the creatures worked on creature isle only so its going to be a CI map. And the influence around temple works on both games now.

It's a shame really, it's a great map to use - a really great convas to paint you master piece on. But not as many people have CI.  A well, it's the B&W player's loss :p .

Well it does have a lot of space and everything but i reckon the CI Objects in script could be the problem.

Naw, I thought that too.  I removed all CI specific objects from the script and still the same problems.  I did alot of testing in that regard with no success. I'm afraid :( .

The .lnd  files are edilable. But that can cause a whole new bunch of errors.

Back