New PC- Graphic Nightmare

Matutu

Hey all,

This site has been a vast help of the years, however always been a lurker.

I just finished building a new PC, Radeon 6900XT and AMD 5900X processor. Thought it would be easy and run exactly as per my previous 7 year old PC.

Installed everything, installed the patches, installed the fan patch. Launched the game, all seemed find, the graphics looked good. Then however came the issue within 10 seconds, texture pops, glitches etc etc, especially when rotating, however if you Alt Tab back to desktop and come back its fine again for about 10 seconds or until you zoom or rotate the camera. I then transferred my profile and its insane now there is actually objects on the map.

Things I've tried.

Reinstall
Different Hard Drive
Changed all GFX settings
Changed Affinity to 1 CPU core only
Limited FPS to 60 only

All of which has had zero effect. Screen shot to show what it looks like after 15secs and ive rotated the camera.

Any help would be amazing, really want to enjoy the game again.

Hey all,

This site has been a vast help of the years, however always been a lurker.

I just finished building a new PC, Radeon 6900XT and AMD 5900X processor. Thought it would be easy and run exactly as per my previous 7 year old PC.

Installed everything, installed the patches, installed the fan patch. Launched the game, all seemed find, the graphics looked good. Then however came the issue within 10 seconds, texture pops, glitches etc etc, especially when rotating, however if you Alt Tab back to desktop and come back its fine again for about 10 seconds or until you zoom or rotate the camera. I then transferred my profile and its insane now there is actually objects on the map.

Things I've tried.

Reinstall
Different Hard Drive
Changed all GFX settings
Changed Affinity to 1 CPU core only
Limited FPS to 60 only

All of which has had zero effect. Screen shot to show what it looks like after 15secs and ive rotated the camera.

Any help would be amazing, really want to enjoy the game again.
I also run the game at 2K, ive noticed that at some point the models start disapearing like your screenshot, then I alt tab and switch back into the game and the issue gets fixed for a while. So try running the game at 1920x1080 and see if the problem still persists.

Edit: i think i have a guess, try limit your FPS in AMD Software from min. 60 to max 90

I have the same error on my AMD System, i tried to run it on 1920x1080 and on 2560x1440 and the same problem.
Alt + Tab fixs the problem temporary but not for long, also tried to limit the process to only 1 CPU but problem is still happening.

I Also disabled disable morphologic filtering and surface optimization and i reinstalled the game, just to be sure.
So looks most of my games when i play and i only have 6 fps when the game is in this state.
I attached my metric from amd, if its helps.
white_2022.01.31-18.23.jpg

My Hardwareinfo:
Card name: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32690MB RAM
Page File: 27789MB used, 12900MB available
Current Mode: 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (170Hz)
HDR Support: Supported

Attachments

• B&W2 Metric..zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi all,

First of all apologize for my English.

I have exactly the same problem on the following system;

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: RX 6800 XT
MEMORY: 32GB
Current Mode: 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (240Hz)

I have also installed all the patches and applied all the recommendations that have been indicated in this thread but I still have the same problem.

Has anyone made any progress?

Thanks.

Hey @all.
I am new here and i have found this threat.
My System is also AMD based:
Ryzen 3900X
Radeon RX6800.

And I have exactly the same problem as the Thread Starter.
Does anyone find a solution in the last month for this problem?

Thanks a lot
greetings.

Just reinstalled it a few days ago as well, with the recommended patches. I got this issue much later, at the 4th world. Exact same behaviour and when you alt-tab in and out, the FPS will readjust itself for a brief moment... but it got so bad that this fix no longer holds for more than 4secs.
Looks like something related to AMD builds from the look of it...
mine is a 5950X with a RX6900XT

Hi allí,

I have solved the problem by installing the game in a windows 10 virtual machine with two processors.

I hope it helps you.

Back