New Map: The Three Corners

Kays

Elder
This is something I've been working on for a while now and it's finally done. :D

normal_ThreeCorners.jpg

normal_HugeMap8.jpg

normal_HugeMap9.jpg

===================================
The Three Corners

This is a huge peaceful land with with large number of villages to conquer. And it will remain peaceful until you decide to take military action. You start with 100 villagers and a partly built town. There is plenty of room and resources to expand.However, not all buildings are unlocked. You will need tribute to unlock them.

Features:
Kalev's FPS script. Key map and details below.

00din's Platoon AI script. This is activated when you attempt to take over a town by force. (Many thanks to 00din for the work he put into it)

Harmonixer's invincible man. Yes he's back and he's new and improved. I've cleaned up the code so that the camera follows him better and he's harder to loose now. A good source of tribute. Why not give him a toss.

Kalev's Falling Blocks. A Tetris type game which awards tribute and exploding nut oil barrels as you progress.

Exploding Nut Oil Barrels. These can only be obtained by playing the Falling Blocks game. They can be tossed from anywhere except inside an other players influence. Please note that nut oil is a very unstable substance and consistent results are not guaranteed.

Target Practice. A chance to practice your nut oil barrel throwing skills without wasting your hard earned barrels. Also another source of tribute.

Epic Miracle script. This script is still not working properly and it's recommended that you do not build or use either the Siren or Hurricane epics.

Enjoy

To install:
Find the folder the game is installed in. The default location is C:\Program  Files\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2

load_screen_2148.bmp --> Data
land2148.bwe  --> Data\landscape\BW2
land2148.pat  --> Data\landscape\BW2
land2148.ter  --> Data\landscape\BW2
land2148.wal  --> Data\landscape\BW2
land2148.walk.xml  --> Data\landscape\BW2
FB_screen.bik --> Data\Tutorial AVI
VA_screen.bik --> Data\Tutorial AVI

map.txt --> Scripts (backup the existing file first)
Land2148.chl --> Scripts\BW2

To uninstall to play a normal game:
Just delete the map.txt file and replace the original file you backed up earlier.
You can leave the other files in place should you wish to play that land again.

To play:
Start a new profile with the map name and then start a new game.

Credits:
I would like to thank Kalev, 00din, Spiffington, harmonixer and Lucindrea for the scripts and code used in this map as well as for their general scripting help and input.

===========================

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=811

==========================

Hi everybody!
I downloaded this awesome map and it looks really nice, but I have one question....

In the .zip folder, there is a compressed folder called Scripts .zip.. What's that for? And am I supposed to put any of those .txt files someplace?

Is this why I can't see any quest scrolls?

thanks in advance.

Hi and thanks. :)

That zip file contains the scripts used in that map. That was included for the those who wished to see or use any of the scripts.  It doesn't need to be added anywhere. :no

Oh, the reason you don't see any scrolls is because there really aren't any except for the nut oil barrel one on the small island.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Kays.

Now I've run into a little problem. I seem to be getting evil and I haven't done anything bad!

I was building everything they wanted and more. I always saw the word good popping up and very rarely seen evil pop up. But when i checked my fountain I was becoming evil and my hand' was getting darker! It went from 1.8 to 1.9 within a minutes time and no matter what I built or how many times I watered or healed, my level kept going up.

Do you think my files are corrupted? Or is there something I've missed?

Ima good god and your maps are perfect for me Kays and I be sad if I can't play this one the way it was meant to be played.. :cry

Well, it looks like it might be something to do with the script, but I don't think it's serious. I played the map as good as I could and on a regular basis, the evil thingie rose from my town centre until I got down to -1.9% evil (which ain't' all that evil). Then the Greek town migrated and that bumped me up to 3.4% good. However subsequent migrations did not give me any boost in alignment. But the regular evil thingies at my town centre all but ceased.

So I suspect that this counld have something to do with having a second Greek town on the map. I think I'll try changing it to something else and replay the map later on to see.

Edit:
I was just shutting the game down and healed a very large migrathion before I did. My alignment went up to 8.5 as a result.

So your problem could have somthing to do with how you're playing. Figure out what the evil deeds are and avoid doing them and also try to figure out what raises your alignment and do those actions more often.

Back