My creature performs random miracles

SkelApe

Elder
So as you may have read I'm trying to make a creature for use PvP. I'm going with an evil creature, and so I have taught it all the destructive miracles. I have disciplined it quite simply based on the miracles I would like it to use both frequently and infrequently. Naturally, I reward it most for favoured miracles. And yet, though I have produced many ideal creatures this way in the past, I have made three consecutive creatures which ignore my slapping/rewarding and use any destructive miracle they please. It's quite frustrating even when each miracle has been drummed in to the creature.

Can anyone offer any reasons or tips as to why this happens, and what I'm best to do?

I've always played good, so I'm possibly not the best authority on teaching how to use Evil miracles, but firstly, I would ask how you are teaching him to use the miracles ??? ?

Outside of more specifics, I might suggest teaching the miracles in the hierarchical order you want him to use them, e.g. Fireball a village first, then Lightening.

So he will wind up using fireball first, then lightening a little less perhaps.  I do have a little foundation to this theory.  An oversight in the AI design of B&W1 creatures means that every action that goes unrewarded/unpunished is automatically praised a little.  So over time, an action that you have taught your creature to do will become more and more engrained if you pay no more notice to it.

Following on from that, this would then logically mean that the first miracle you teach will probably become the most predominant and so on.

Back