Multiplayer: A new hope

I have now built into the client a tool to bypass the annoying game intro tutorial, or recover profiles copied over from other game installs.

This is absolutely fantastic.

I have been getting on this forum solely for the purpose of keeping up with OGAM. Now, I have two awesome reasons.

About 5 days ago I installed B&W1 on my crappy laptop thinking that it wouldn't run it, but it runs it at 30-50 frames per second. I was thrilled to find this out. Also, I just discovered how deep the Creature AI is after searching the web thinking that the Creature AI was horrible. Turns out I'm just horrible at raising him.  :laugh2

Please keep us updated on how this project is going.

KB89 said:
Please keep us updated on how this project is going.

the current public release will probably be around a while, until player traffic picks up.

I logged on to this yesterday only person on was King and he didn't respond :( I'm really hopeful for a fresh start at an online community for this game.  I believe the game has so much potential but without an official backing its kind of hard to keep the faith.

Yeah I didn't mean what I said in a negative way I just mean't without the backing from the original game developers... which is impossible now.  I know ive been promoting your program for a while now to a group of friend we just need to figure out how to open our ports so we can play.  None of us are tech savy and its a struggle atm lol.  But when we get it working hopefully thatsa bout 10ish people!

Kelcon said:
Yeah I didn't mean what I said in a negative way I just mean't without the backing from the original game developers... which is impossible now.  I know ive been promoting your program for a while now to a group of friend we just need to figure out how to open our ports so we can play.  None of us are tech savy and its a struggle atm lol.  But when we get it working hopefully thatsa bout 10ish people!

I've been working on getting the client UPNP capable, which would automatically handle the port forwarding. The only person that needs to forward any ports at all is the person acting as the game host.

Back