Mods and Reskins Tools,What We Got To Work With?...

Slasher

Elder
Okay so i got the game cant play it but already wanna start modding it, mad much?  :blush
I was wondering if the game still uses the old bnw1 save type meaning creature changers (providing u dont press ones that dont exist :upside) will still work, ive torn my folders apart but i just cant find a creature skin file to skin mostly because not many files have appeared yet until i run the game :no

What do we actually have to work with this time round? I recall someone said 2 years ago that LionHead claimed they will release tools to make the modding easier but look no sign of em anywhere :suspect

now we have troops the modding possibilities are endless, if u went for a full new feature u could even get new units, creatures,creature armour,c. swords and all that stuff but alas as i see we have none yet i guess this is a from scratch job >.<
:sorry if that sounded like one big rant but im curious to know what were working with here because im eager to start  :yourock:

I've looked through the files and can'treally find much. Not even where the game saved. ???

And I don't think that the creature mind is seperate anymore either. I went back to an old save and and ended up with the creature I had at that stage. I also can't find the maps, just the landscapes. It is a more complex game than the original and it might be best to wait for the promised scripting tools.

Other than that, install it and poke around the fles. There is no profiles folder and not much in the registery.

profiles are in" My Documents/black&white2" now kays, this game has been converted by the bad people of EA to be one of their games just like sims 2 grrrrrrr :angry:

and your right i should wait but this kid aint no ol skool modder :D this is gonna be just like skinning rose online clothes (when my friend skinned the actual naked except for a cloth skins i was rofl), imagine a tiger in army clothes :shocked sounds good doesnt it? :laugh: my meshing skills are better because now i actually have some. 

one of the main reasons i came back to this place was for the mods and to make em :cool: everything missing from their brags can be put in, we got access to the files so our word is god :p its like this with my xbox games including my heavily custom gta:sa :;):

heh ive already done a quick mod. some of the creature features were disabled so being a insane idiot ive turned them all on! that was easy for a csv file...
in total the creature has 298 actions and 354 desires. looks like they rushed him by the amount of disabled stuff.
one of those actions was kick enemy fireballs back which means they did plan to have gods which would also mean creature combat!

Thanks, never would of thought to look there. :rolleyes

I'm going to have to start a profile since there's not much data there right now. Probably got wiped out by the patch.

wwwwwicked nice find FotD *pats on back*
Wow look at all the suck ups, all theyve done is succesfully edit creature max height to a level you would be proud to have as your pet,trial and error aint exactly rocket science :suspect. and this ajdaha annoys me and i quote
I hate you guys.
Hopefully when multiplayer comes anyone with modded games will not be able to play.
Or better, just take all those files and replace them with the original ones when the player plays online.
its people like that which make me hack my halo 1&2 then go online then pwn anyone with a supersize ego :angry:

I already have unlocked every single action and desire the creature has so all i gotta do is mess with these files some more then when my geforce fx6600 comes im guess by tommorow ( i bought it last night :p) i can test them yay!
those files kinda lean more on cheating then modding but either way its screwing with the files so its all good to me :D
i have also been able to conclude that this time round files that mess with things are based solely around your profiles  which explains why i dont have any of those folders, god the wait for my vid card is killing me i must...mod...more  :yourock:

Tools You Need to MOD:

Note Pad
Brain
Time
Mircrosoft Excel
Photoshop
Some tool to Encode/Decode some files....
----------------------
Basically Covers it XD, and you gotta go though lots of trial and error and some thinking.

OH also, some creaute actions Casues game to crash, since some of them are Event only enabled. I'm still tweeking with the creature actions thing :3...

Example: the Creaute action PlayThrowGame, can only be enabled when you play that sheep quest.

say...did we ever find the skins for the consiences? i really wanna reskin those guys now :laugh:

well hmm i dont think we did but i might know where they are use the all meshes thingy :p

I have most of those tools, I dont think I have Brain and Time though. I poked around in the folder, its cool  :p
found all the textures for the game!

There is a pic folder my documents of BW2. Any1 know how to use it  ???

Btw, found a speech file.
Open it with something like winamp.
I cant give it to u to download cause its 231mb in size  :shocked

Find it at C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Audio\Dialogue\Speech.

Its 335 minutes long or something.

Go to the end to hear death over and over again, then something strange.  And then Birth. Instead of death.

Kays said:
It is a more complex game than the original and it might be best to wait for the promised scripting tools.

The original tools are never very good,  over complexified.... resulting in it being are real bummer to use them...I dont know if anybody ever saw/used the original scripting tools for BW1 but I found them hell to use and stuck with the modding community created programs.... which cut straight to what you wanted.

Slasher said:
imagine a tiger in army clothes

Even just to change the colour of the fur would be great, blood red wolf or something....

Anyway I suppose we shall see whats going to happen about the moddability of the new game soon enough.

In case anyone hasn't see this yet. There's a modding group which has formed over at PBnW. They've got a Wiki in place to document mods and modding techniques.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~planetbw/PBnWModdingWIKI/index.php/Main_Page

oh crap on that dialogue thing it said YOU ARE LOSING YOUR TOWN TO ANOTHER GOD!! owwwww thats siick :yourock:

Back