models modifications

ejonesss

i was searching for ways to repack lug files trying words like packer and pack and repack and stunbled across the site below

http://packer.3d-plugin.com/

it looks like a 3d model packer  and maybe someone can see if it is usable for black and white 2

i will ask about lug files in another post

That looks like a UV packer. UV's are part of a model skin description, but not the whole model.

BWM files are also proprietary to this game ("Black and White Model" - I assume), so it is unlikely that any packer that doesn't have a plugin specifically for the game will be able to work with them. I've been doing some work looking at the BWM files, but their format is highly variable and seems to use quite a number of techniques that may be beyond my ability. For instance, the BWM files hold data on how the plants grow for 'good' buildings, or how texture/particle generators/luminescence changes for different cases.. also probably using shader programs. It may not really be possible to modify them very much without access to the original game tools or without someone much more versed in 3D modelling.

-ego533

so i guess models are not just 3d vector drawings ?

is there a way to make models that dont use all the variables and are just basic enough to work? (like building a womd model that just does the mass destruction so the womd wonder would work)?

Back