Model Request.

Hedgehonore

Can somebody please make me a Raptor model? It's based off the dinosaur, not the bird. No feathers, good needs to be Cyan, Neutral should be Gray, and Evil should be dark blue. It should replace the Leopard.

There aren't many BW1 modelers still active, but perhaps when one of them logs in they'll see what they can do.  Have you tried your hand at skinning or modelling the Creatures?  It's a very interesting experience.

I have tried skinning. However, I don't know how to change the filesize of the texture, and I may need some help on that. However, I haven't tried modeling the creature, I'll probably let you in on what happens when I do.

Hmm, there aren't any modelling guides around, but I bet if you did a Search of the forums you could find some helpful information.... I might look around and see if I can find something for ya.

Try tinkering with Milkshape.  That's the main creature modeller...  Perhaps if Pat or Kayss are familiar with Milkshape, they can give you some pointers on how to use the program.

I haven't found anything on the forums about Modeling recently, but one thing is for sure: The creature models all seem to be incompatible with MilkShape.

Hedgehonore said:
The creature models all seem to be incompatible with MilkShape.

Yeah, I tried that on a Windows machine running XP.....  All MilkShape seems to have is skeleton examples.   

To be honest, I got the MilkShape plugin for Black and White, however, I just get blank screens when I load the Leopard model.

Hmm... To be honest, I haven't the slightest clue about how Milkshape works.  I'm hoping someone who has some experience with it will come by and hopefully give you some answers.

Yeah....Even still, I try to take breaks from MilkShape and just create skins instead. I have little clue on how it works, as the filesize is never the same size as the model's filesize. And when I try to resize it, it still never gets to be the same size, and if it did, it would become a blurry piece of crap.  :cmad

The models that BW1 used are special.. they tend not to work nice. also, the bonecount has to remain exactly the same.. I do recall someone being able to add bones, and gave the lion model a tophat.. though he did proclaim it messed up all the animations severely.

I myself only dabbled once into modeling, only to quit three seconds afterwards.

I can't help ^_^

Back