Missing Land Squares (ATI/AMD Driver Issue)

Bionic-Blob

Hi,

Installed BW2 today and found huge chunks of land keep disappearing before my eyes. After a bit of investigation it turns out the latest AMD graphics drivers are causing the issue; specifically an update atiumdag.dll.

If anyone else encounters this issue, you can download a working atiumdag.dll from the 13.9 drivers:

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/527-amdati-atiumdagdll-139/

Just extract the file into the main BW2 directory where white.exe resides.

If that link no longer works, just download the entire 13.9 driver package, extract it and find the file 'atiumdag.dl_'. Open command prompt and run 'expand -R ati-umdag.dl_' to extract the dll file.

Thank you !!! Decided to dust off B&W2 and ran into the very glitch, tyvm for the fix :)

I'm using the latest crimson drivers , i haven't experienced any blocks missing  but from my previous post i have blurry issues form this series of drivers

Bionic-Blob said:
Hi,

Installed BW2 today and found huge chunks of land keep disappearing before my eyes. After a bit of investigation it turns out the latest AMD graphics drivers are causing the issue; specifically an update atiumdag.dll.

If anyone else encounters this issue, you can download a working atiumdag.dll from the 13.9 drivers:

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/527-amdati-atiumdagdll-139/

Just extract the file into the main BW2 directory where white.exe resides.

If that link no longer works, just download the entire 13.9 driver package, extract it and find the file 'atiumdag.dl_'. Open command prompt and run 'expand -R ati-umdag.dl_' to extract the dll file.

I tried this and as such have had no luck. It still just gives missing blocks and when I move it from the file into the directory the game runs but doesn't display any graphics. Please help

Go to the desktop shortcut for B&W2 and set compatibility to to Windows 98/Windows Me. That seemed to sort out the problem for me.

I recently had the same issue and it appears to be in just the one specific driver package updating to crimson drivers fixed it for me. Rolling back also did a temporary fix.

Back