milkshape problemes ( partialy resolved )

xrtxrt

when i use milkshape on my creature's L3D file it becomes a Picasso or simply doesn't move in black and white help please !

As I remember, the process for using the milkshape plugins correctly has quite a number of steps that must be followed correctly and are easy to do INcorrectly. Can you post a step-by-step description of how you are doing the import and export of the mesh?

If you're editing the original mesh, the usual mistake I made in the past was to perform actions that would re-order or change the verticies of the mesh. Import and Export options must be set correctly to avoid this.

If making a new mesh around an existing skelteon, the problem was usually moving bones by accident.

-ego533

First, I assume you're editing a mesh, not creating a new model mesh, correct?

When importing, the "Insert extra triangles to preserve morph targets" should be checked. This seems counter-intuitive since the general idea is to *not* modify the structure of the mesh, but this is indeed supposed to be checked.

When exporting, the "Use existing skeleton' option should be used. Select the original .l3d file from which the file was imported.

See if doing those two things works.

-ego533

i will try after school, thanks ( and yes i'm editing )

xrtxrt

Ok... i got a new set of problemes ( old ones resolved )

1. textures don't work

2. Creature miracles don't work

3. i can't caress my creture

This is still probably a problem with the procedure. Are you exporting a new base model or exporting new morph models (fat, strong, ..)?

-ego533

sorry for long time to reply, ok i made it work on all but base still disfunctions on basse so it's only on that that i need help now

Back