Master Jariah's Hacking Guide

M

Master_Jariah

Master_Jariah's hacking guide.

Ok. Here it is. This is for all you peeps who do not want to download the files, or don't know how to do it manually. This guide will go over tribute, construction, miracles, and more. Before we start, here is my warning. If you are lazy, this is not for you. Ok, here we go. (Make sure you use notepad for the editing. It is a whole lot easier to use.) You can contact me at toad_1994@hotmail.com.

Construction: Here I will tell you how to build your buildings easily and fast. To do this go to the my documents folder. Type C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios\. Click on the black and white 2 folder. Click on the data folder in the BW2 file selection that comes up. Next, click on the folder called balance. This contains all of the backbone files. Look through it till you find the text document called "GameBalanceBuilding". This will bring up a list of all of the tribe's buildings and the wonders. See the first two numbers next to the building names? These are the ONLY ones we will work with. The first number stands for the amount of wood required for each building. The second stands for the required ore. Only change the Greek buildings unless you want the enemy to build everything in seconds too. Change the first and second numbers to 1. If a number is zero, do not mess with it. This will not work for the walls unfortunately. This will make the buildings cost 1 wood and 1 ore, whatever the building takes. You can change the wonders but the enemy will be building theirs fast too. I just send in my creature to take theirs out. That's it for construction. :)

Building Impressiveness(not my favorite :p): Ok. Follow the construction steps to get in. This time right click the "PlacementDataXML Document". Select edit. This will bring up a screen with all of the main building statistics. We will be editing the third building down. It is called type="abode"  name="geek_abode_c">. Under this you will see<basevalue impressiveness=0.2"  />. Change the 0.2 to 20. This will make the Greek villa's impressiveness be in the thousands. I do not recommend making it so high. It will win the land in seconds and it takes the fun out of the game. I set mine at a 3. Do what you will. It is your game. I have not tried to many others. If you get anything to change, please tell me. Next topic.

Miracles :woot: Now for some real fun. Go to the balance files again. This time click on the one called "GameBalanceMiracle". This has three main parts to it. We will be working only with the top two. Lets look at the second one first. This has the names of most of the miracles. The number right after the names controles the mana cost. Change all of the numbers to 1. Zero doesn't work. Their is a deal at the top called NONE with a value of 100. Leave it alone. this will make all your miracles cost 1 mana. Now look at the top section. Change the first number after the folowing to 1. HEAL_EVERYDAY, SHEILD_EVERYDAY,FLAMETHROWER_EVERYDAY,WATER_JET_EVERYDAY,LIGHTNING_EVERYDAY, and FIRE_BOMB_EVERYDAY. That is it. I have also discovered a wonderful thing. Ounce the alter is fully charged, the miracles become free! :woot :woot :woot Now for wonders. Their is no known way to edit these. If you find a way please tell me. To charge the wonders very fast, place a LOT of punishment spikes around the wonder. This will charge it in a few minutes. That is all for this topic.

Alignment :angel :devil: Go back to the balance files. Click on "GameBalanceAlignment". This is quite simple. As usual we will only use the first number after each thing. Here, all you have to do is add an remove the negatives as you please. You can also change the amount of evil and good points you get. WARNING: This can be an alignment killer if not used right. You change the number to whatever you want. NOTHING ABOVE 5. If you go above 5, your alignment will be ultimate good or evil before you know it. 5 makes it rise or lower fast to, but is controllable. Below I will give some examples.

Pick_Up_Tree    -0.00002 = Pick_Up_Tree    0.00002  This will change picking up a tree to being good instead of evil.

Pick_Up_Tree    -0.00002 = Pick_Up_Tree      0.00008   This will make picking up the tree more evil.

Note: The evil/good signs will change according to how you edit this file. This is for alignment.

Tribute costs: Here we dive into my financial side. Head back to the balance files as usual and click on "GameBalanceArtifact". This will work with the first numbers after the name too. Go through and change all of the first numbers to 0. This will make everything free. At the very bottom that says TOTAL_COST=6388000. Do not mess with this. You are now all set to go with your money.

Your Creature's Age: Go to the balance files. Click on "creature_physio". The 5th bit of data down is what we want. It is callled SecondsPerYear. This controls how fast the creature ages. Change this to 60. It will make your creature age a year for every real minute. Change this to whatever you want.

I do not suggest messing with any other files. If you want to edit the game further, you must download the balance file.

Credits: Putting punishment spikes around the wonder was Kay's idea. All credit for this goes to him. The rest of this guide was thanks to my curiosity. You may use and post this guide as you wish as long as the proper credit is given.

Thank you for that. It helped me a lot. Ignoring your grammar/spelling  :upside, the only thing I know of that is modifiable with wonders is the tribute cost.

Also, Altars are the main source of productivity bonus for wonders. I'm sure punishment spikes can get a lot closer up, but making multiple Altars near the wonder is a sure way to get rapid-fire epics. I got that information from the Black & White 2 official forums months ago.

Again, thanks.

Man...I sure have been gone awile. It is nice to see my old guide is still here. Kays, if you see this, would you mind making it sticky. I would like others to see this. I usually mess up whenever I visit forums so i want this to make up for it. Hope you understand. :laugh:

YAY... No more annoying impressiveness!  :angry

I can now be completely evil and make armies w/o impressing people.  :woot

Woot, my guide somehow still lives! I cringed a little reading this after so many years but it was worth the smile. Thank you for preserving so much. XD <3 (I promise I'm Jariah, that account is just long gone and buried, lol.)

how about a guide on "hacking" platoons, there are 91 columns, and the list that the game balance values thread provides isnt in order....at all

Reactions: Nym
how about a guide on "hacking" platoons, there are 91 columns, and the list that the game balance values thread provides isnt in order....at all
Lol, I wrote this "hacking" guide when I was 13 and certainly didn't cover all the options. Someone actually made an update post for my guide, correcting a few things and adding some other stuff. But this guide is obviously by no means complete. (Or apparently entirely accurate, lol.) I'm sure there are some solid scripting resources for B&W2 around here somewhere, I just haven't gotten to them yet. I myself am still working on my B&W1 education and haven't learned anything further for B&W2 scripting.

Lol, I wrote this "hacking" guide when I was 13 and certainly didn't cover all the options. Someone actually made an update post for my guide, correcting a few things and adding some other stuff. But this guide is obviously by no means complete. (Or apparently entirely accurate, lol.) I'm sure there are some solid scripting resources for B&W2 around here somewhere, I just haven't gotten to them yet. I myself am still working on my B&W1 education and haven't learned anything further for B&W2 scripting.
dang, 13 that was forever ago, i think i have figured out a few of them but honestly i have no idea what im looking for with most of the values, im mainly after that ever elusive xp for level up value i found it once years and years ago but i cant remember

the thread i was referencing is https://forum.bwgame.net/threads/gamebalance-values.8232/
i wasnt digging at this guide, i wouldnt be able to tell you if it was accurate or an apple pie

Last edited:
dang, 13 that was forever ago, i think i have figured out a few of them but honestly i have no idea what im looking for with most of the values, im mainly after that ever elusive xp for level up value i found it once years and years ago but i cant remember
I had to do the math just to make myself believe it'd been that long, lol. But yeah, I've tried to dabble with the numbers a little bit by just going over my own guide. But I've run into a more modern issue of first having to give myself permissions to edit and save the script files... Only for the game to completely ignore any changes I've made. So need to figure that out before I can really do... Well, anything, lol.

I had to do the math just to make myself believe it'd been that long, lol. But yeah, I've tried to dabble with the numbers a little bit by just going over my own guide. But I've run into a more modern issue of first having to give myself permissions to edit and save the script files... Only for the game to completely ignore any changes I've made. So need to figure that out before I can really do... Well, anything, lol.
1652572217552.png
i had to right click the document - properties - security - select the users (highlighted) and give full control

also, its ok you posted that in 07....i graduated high school in 03 sooooo yeah

Crazy how much time has passed. 🙃
My latest install of B&W2 is my first in years so having to set permissions is a new thing for me. Used to just edit and go. Maybe I just didn't set it for the right options, I'll have to double check. Okay, future me here. I did set permissions across the board and made sure new edits were saved. Now to figure out why they aren't showing in game. I've set the cost of buying each wonder to 1 tribute to test things but even after loading into a new land, the changes aren't reflected. But I am also beginning to think my memory just sucks and I need to start a new game for changes to pop. Note to self: Play test more, you fool. XD

Crazy how much time has passed. 🙃
My latest install of B&W2 is my first in years so having to set permissions is a new thing for me. Used to just edit and go. Maybe I just didn't set it for the right options, I'll have to double check. Okay, future me here. I did set permissions across the board and made sure new edits were saved. Now to figure out why they aren't showing in game. I've set the cost of buying each wonder to 1 tribute to test things but even after loading into a new land, the changes aren't reflected. But I am also beginning to think my memory just sucks and I need to start a new game for changes to pop. Note to self: Play test more, you fool. XD
lol, some things i believe require a new game, dont quote me though i mod as well as a new born can articulate sentences

Back