manipulating BNW1-textures

difuoan

Hello,

I have been playing BNW1 for years, often using downloads from this site (thanks).
Now I want to make the game even better (if that's possible), but I guess I need a little help to get started.
I have been searching the web and this forum, but I haven't found answers to all of my questions, so I figured I'd register and see if somebody can help me.
Thanks in advance!

So...
  • What is the right format to save BNW-textures (for the textures-folder / the AllMeshes.g3d file)? (I'm using the g3dToolset and PhotoShop including the NVIDIA-plugin to edit dds-files.)
  • Is it possible to resize and re-implement BNW1-textures in the textures-folder / in the AllMeshes.g3d file, i.e. making a hd-mod? (Or at least the ones that aren't in spread-sheets?)
  • Is it possible to use more colours in the textures, i.e. using 16- or even 32-bit images?
  • Is it possible to increase the max-distance at which objects get faded out? (I believe there are settings for that in the reg-files, but increasing the value there seemed to have no effect.  I have been using regedit for that and of course the right numbering-system.)
  • Is it possible to edit the BNW-meshes, maybe adding more wireframe-points (or whatever they're called)? (Haven't researched the subject yet. Sorry for being lazy.)

So yeah, that's it for now.
Hope I'm not asking (and hopeing) for too much...

Well, anyway, thanks in advance and have a very nice day,
difu.

Back