Resource icon

Lua Pele Atoll 1.0.0

SkelApe

Elder
SkelApe submitted a new resource:

Lua Pele Atoll - The Lua Pele Atoll is a serene archipelago where you can assume the role of a primitive tribal god g

============================================
*************** LUA PELE ATOLL *************
============================================

Hey, and thanks for downloading the first of three new sandbox maps which I am in the process
of releasing! You have chosen the Lua Pele Atoll.

Features;
- An idyllic archipelago landscape with a brooding volcano and numerous island villages.
- The opportunity to advance your civilisation and abilities - at the cost of the atoll's
peaceful balance! Just...

Read more about this resource...

This sounds interesting.  I really should reinstall B&W2 one of these days and try some of these awesome looking maps

Going to play this one now! - Hope I installed all files correctly! :p

I'll be honest, after playing it the first 3 minutes, I'm not quite sure what to do, some Did you Know? Signs with suggestions, or a helpful readme should help a bit more :)

Sorry Sylcai, i'll update the readme. Basically the statue (if you can't find it, it's on a small island) will give you greater powers and buildings if you have a certain number of buildings constructed and disciples made. This was used as a general indication of the advancement of your tribe. You will notice some of your powers, like godbuilding, will be gone, so as to make it seem more of a simplistic environment. Your tribe should be a little bigger than the one pictured. Oh and Did You Know signs can only use strings of text which are already hard encoded in a game file, and these can't be changed. But i'd use them if i could :( I hope you manage to enjoy this map. If you play it a little more, tell me what you think :)

I am rather confused, am I supposed to build buildings myself, or will it expand on it's own?

The build menu is only available when I press enter - and they are greek buildings too.. so, I wasn't sure.

Ah, seems there are a few problems :\ The testing was fine though. Did you mean there are Greek buildings in amongst Aztec ones? I may also have used a command which disables the toolbar instead of setting it to closed. You should, given that it works, be able to expand your tribe yourself. Don't worry though, I will completely re-release the map soon. I'm sorry you were a little disappointed with it. I'll get round to it after i release my next mod in the next few days; seems like i'd better test things more before i release them!

Hey Sylcai, I've fixed the map now. The toolbar opens correctly, and i've put clearer instructions in the readme. Essentially you need to make a number of buildings and disciples. And as for the greek buildings, did you use the Aztec mod provided? It should make the greek buildings used by the map Aztec instead. I think i've identified the problems anywho, and they've been fixed :)

Back