lots of issues

Mummamomma

Hello, first time poster.
This may be lengthily so please bear with me.

I have a Lenovo laptop that runs on windows 10.
I was unable to launch BW2 at all on my laptop, I then downloaded the two official patches and ran the game as an administrator.
 I was unable to progress past the first land after completing all the objectives and the creature tutorial.
After some research I discovered that I needed to uninstall the two patches and reinstall them into the game folder.  After removing the two patches and attempting to reinstall them, it now tells me my game is corrupt and I need to reinstall.
I looked at the the fan patch and downloaded it, it installed without issue.

However now the game freezes during the movie sequence of choosing a creature.
I had thought about uninstalling and reinstalling however I cannot find my CD, we have moved house twice since installation so I have no idea where it could be.

I guess my questions are

1) is there a way to salvage my game?
2) if not, can someone tell me which files I can safely delete that may make the program work again?

Thank you

Sounds like you've butchered your install. If you've lost the CD you should try and find alternative means to downloading the game - then just follow the steps in the post: install official patches & then install fan patch.

Thanks.

I've gone ahead and ordered a new CD.  I'm going to do a full uninstallation.  Just so I know for when I'm reinstalling, where exactly do I save the patches to? Also which is the best compatibility mode to run in?

Mummamomma said:
Thanks.

I've gone ahead and ordered a new CD.  I'm going to do a full uninstallation.  Just so I know for when I'm reinstalling, where exactly do I save the patches to? Also which is the best compatibility mode to run in?

The patches are just exes, you can run them from anywhere regardless of where they're saved. Don't run anything in compatability mode - install the game & patches as admin, and just run the game normally with no compability mode and not as admin.

Got my replacement disk, followed instructions for the patches and everything worked great.
However now that I'm trying to advance to the second land, the game is crashing.  Always in this spot.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you

Back